Haven't heard from boyfriend for over 2 days?

Lotusavx

I highly doubt that he is just breaking up with me or not talking to me because he is cheating or something. Here is a brief back story. We have known each other for a few months and had many great dates together. About a month ago we decided to be exclusive, and he asked me to be his girlfriend.

The other night he called me to see how my night was going and to confirm our plans for the weekend. After about a 20 minute conversation on the phone, he had to go as a friend was there to pick him up, and he said he would call me back in 10 minutes. He never called back and I didn't think anything of it until he wasn't answering my texts. Then I tried to call and the phone just rang until it went to voicemail. After trying to call yesterday, the phone is now going straight to voicemail meaning it probably died. He also hasn't been on social media at all since I last talked to him.

I am really worried something happened. I know people need their space and don't need to be in constant communication all the time, but it is very unusual for me to not hear from him at all. Like I said, it is highly doubtful that he is just ending things with me. If he did, I am positive he would tell me and not just stop talking to me.

I don't have a way of contacting his family or friends, I am legitimately worried and not sure what to do. I can't go to his place either and have no way of checking on him as this happened when he was out of town.

I highly doubt that he is just breaking up with me or not talking to me because he is cheating or something. Here is a brief back story. We have known each other for a few months and had many great dates together. About a month ago we decided to be exclusive, and he asked me to be his girlfriend.

The other night he called me to see how my night was going and to confirm our plans for the weekend. After about a 20 minute conversation on the phone, he had to go as a friend was there to pick him up, and he said he would call me back in 10 minutes. He never called back and I didn't think anything of it until he wasn't answering my texts. Then I tried to call and the phone just rang until it went to voicemail. After trying to call yesterday, the phone is now going straight to voicemail meaning it probably died. He also hasn't been on social media at all since I last talked to him.

I am really worried something happened. I know people need their space and don't need to be in constant communication all the time, but it is very unusual for me to not hear from him at all. Like I said, it is highly doubtful that he is just ending things with me. If he did, I am positive he would tell me and not just stop talking to me.

I don't have a way of contacting his family or friends, I am legitimately worried and not sure what to do. I can't go to his place either and have no way of checking on him as this happened when he was out of town.

Sounds like he may not be able to reach his phone. Is this the first time he has done this? I'd text and call him again and try to see if you know anyone that went with him out of town, maybe contact them to ask? It's totally fine that you are worried about him so just do whatever you can. If nothing works, just wait til he gets back to you.

You posted this on 5/29/17:

"Why do men pull away?

Long story short - this guy I met really liked me. I brushed him off for weeks and cancelled dates. A month and a quite a few dates later, he asked me to be exclusive with him. I am fine with that since I am starting to like him a lot now. I was honest and told him I didn't really like him at first but now I really do. Now he seems to be pulling away - even though hes been honest about how he feels about me and he has done all of the pursuing. Why do men do this? Pull away once you start to really like them?"

So his "pulling away" didn't just happen in the past two days, but has been happening for a week or more.

Seems like a pattern in this relationship. Can you be OK with this happening over and over?

Actually when I posted that ^ he got back to me at the end of the day, as he forget his phone at home and went to work. I was just over reacting.. Now this situation now is really unusual. Especially since his phone was on and now it's dead (since it's going to VM)

But that's the point I'm making.

It seems like every time he doesn't respond in the time frame you believe he should or he doesn't respond in the way you believe he should, you start thinking he's "pulling back".

You're going to be a wreck in six months if you're doing this after only a month of being exclusive.

It's just unusual for him to go this long without talking to me, and I am really thinking someone has happened to him. I understand him forgetting his phone the one day, those things happen.. but it's been well over two days, and he has also used other people's phones to call me before if his is dead.

Archived