Is he into me anymore?

amahrenholz

I've been dating this guy for a few weeks now and the first two weeks were amazing. He would message me all the time, make plans with me and just gave effort. These past few days he hasn't messaged me that much and when he does it's 2-3 hours later and leaves me on read. He says he's sorry and it's because he's busy but even when he was "busy" he would still find the time to message me. We hung out last night and everything was great. We goofed around and I could really tell that he likes me, but it's just the messaging I get worried about. He's away with his friends today and tomorrow so I'm sure he's not going to message me that much. I usually get worried about the littlest things when I actually like the guy but is this something to worry about?

I've been dating this guy for a few weeks now and the first two weeks were amazing. He would message me all the time, make plans with me and just gave effort. These past few days he hasn't messaged me that much and when he does it's 2-3 hours later and leaves me on read. He says he's sorry and it's because he's busy but even when he was "busy" he would still find the time to message me. We hung out last night and everything was great. We goofed around and I could really tell that he likes me, but it's just the messaging I get worried about. He's away with his friends today and tomorrow so I'm sure he's not going to message me that much. I usually get worried about the littlest things when I actually like the guy but is this something to worry about?

No but if you continue bothering him about why he doesn't text you, you might. Meaning continuing to bug him about this will eventually turn him off so bad, he will do more than not txt, he won't want to continue dating you at all.

If you don't like his texting style then dump him or just learn to accept it. I don't mean to seem offensive but you sound insecure and needy. He is who he is, no amount of bugging him about it (which is how HE is interpreting it), is going to change that.

You just started dating him, appreciate and enjoy the times you spend 'together', not how often he txts in between. Relax!

Some guys are really full on in the texting department in the first couple of weeks and then like clock work something changes and what you've come to expect no longer happens and causes women to feel like he is no longer interested in. All you need to pay attention to now is whether he keeps on coming back/messaging you. Don't worry about how long it takes him to text back or how often he texts you.

This is standard behaviour from men. My friends joke about it because it's so predictable

Some guys are really full on in the texting department in the first couple of weeks and then like clock work something changes and what you've come to expect no longer happens and causes women to feel like he is no longer interested in. All you need to pay attention to now is whether he keeps on coming back/messaging you. Don't worry about how long it takes him to text back or how often he texts you.

This is standard behaviour from men. My friends joke about it because it's so predictable

This is SO TRUE! I am experiencing the same thing right now and have with pretty much every guy I have talked to in the last few years. The texting or other forms of contact starts out consistent and frequent but then it slows way down. Could be weeks, could be months. In my case, the men always set the pace and I got comfortable with the level of communication only to be thrown off when it changes. They seem oblivious to it and wonder why I am worried about it. You think I would be used to this phenomenon by now but every time I experience it. I overthink it and panic!

This is SO TRUE! I am experiencing the same thing right now and have with pretty much every guy I have talked to in the last few years. The texting or other forms of contact starts out consistent and frequent but then it slows way down. Could be weeks, could be months. In my case, the men always set the pace and I got comfortable with the level of communication only to be thrown off when it changes. They seem oblivious to it and wonder why I am worried about it. You think I would be used to this phenomenon by now but every time I experience it. I overthink it and panic!

My sentiments exactly Tygerlyly which is what I was trying to explain in your thread.

But you know what? At least for me, if a man takes many weeks or months to respond, by then *I* am the one who often doesn't care anymore. At least not as much, not to the extent I did.

I may respond back for fun or whatevs, or to be polite because I don't like ignoring people, perhaps we could have a friendship (usually a friendship never works though).

But things are never the same, at least not for me.

So for me that is the chance a man takes when he takes so long to figure shyt out or whatever prevented him from responding back in a timely fashion (a week or two tops if you've been dating regularly).

Don't sweat it if he doesn't contact for a few days, that's normal.

If he takes longer than that, stop worrying about whether or not HE likes you. Spend your energy evaluating HIM and determining if HE is right for YOU.

I am of the belief that the proverbial 'wave' comes once and if things are to work out, a couple needs to catch that wave and ride it in all the way.

If one jumps off before riding it in, or if that wave crashes, then there is no second wave. Or if there is, it is a smaller wave, a less significant wave, a wave that doesn't have much punch.

Best to just let "that" wave crash, and find a new wave to catch with a different man.

Archived