should i tell him before hand?

I am 17 and have partial. If you dont know what that is its basically a retainer type thing with fake teeth on it. It fills in my four front teeth on the bottom and its not permanent - meaning i can take it out. Im afraid that when i kiss someone he might pop it out. I dont know if i should say something before we kiss about it so he doesnt freak and think my teeth are falling out or if i should just not say anything. This isnt a very typical problem for a 17-year-old to have so i think either way it will be weird. Any advice would be great!

If you think that worrying about worst case scenarios will make the whole situation difficult when kissing him then you could let him know but if, realistically, it is not going to pop out etc then just try to forget about it unless you want to tell him. Just do what feels tight to you. Good luck

I don't think that typically they just pop out? But I don't know because I don't have one.. BUT besides that I wouldn't say anything to anyone unless I felt it was nessesary. They don't need to know, esp. if you are self conscious about it. If you are REALLY self conscious about it, like avoiding kissing and things like that I would look into getting it permanent? And if worst comes to worst and it does come out, laugh it off, the guy should be able to too. They shouldn't dis-like you because of it though, I know my front tooth isn't real, it's a porcilen veneer and I don't tell anyone unless they need to know, but if someone didn't like me because of it then I don't want them apart of my life.

its a very hard situation to call, because if you bring it up before you kiss it could kinda spoil the first kiss tension. If you bring it up afterwards it could also not be so great. However, any guy worth your time wouldn't care and would want to be supportive of you, especially since from my understanding or partials, you could have permanent adult teeth put in more solidly when your a little older, this just being a temporary problem. I don't think if you have it solidly in it would come out from light kissing either, since a kiss is lighter than chewing most foods. If you don't have a problem eating harder foods you shouldn't have one kissing.