Great Book

megamuppet

I have never posted before but I had to share. I have never struggled with jealousy etc until 3 years ago and it has taken over my life. I am in counselling to try and save my relationship and my sanity. Someone recommended this book and it has been a great help, although I still have a way to go. Its called Life Without Jealousy by Lynda Bevan.

I think we only feel jealousy

When our partner makes us feel that way. I'd we feel secure in the relationship there is non. But the second our partner embeds things into our minds it's when we start to worry which makes us jealous.

Needless to say....when in a good healthy relationship there should never be any.

Yes. It was definitely something my husband did that started it. He constantly looks at other women when we go out. I never noticed it for the first two years but he stared at a woman one night while we were at dinner for over an hour and it devastated me. He denied it, then got angry with me and made me feel like I was mad. Then he did it again and I dumped him. We got back together. Talked it though and although he does it less it still kills me every time. I have had relationships before and every partner I have had ( which is only a couple) have cheated. One had a child with someone else and kept it a secret for 16 years during our 21 year long relationship! So yes, I have been hurt a lot but counselling is helping, and so did the book

Archived