I need advice.

Celestantprime

I'm nearly 30 and I'm in my first major relationship. I met a girl 4 years younger than I am and she already had a child from a previous relationship she was upfront about it and I was fine with it. I fell for this girl and we are coming up to nearly a year together now. We were great at first and there was kidding, cuddling and sex once a week. I lost my virginity to this girl because I love her and I'm on the verge of proposing. But recently the sex has stopped it's as and when she feels like it and she tells me she doesn't like being touched so the kissing and hugging have stopped. I have to ask now and even then I dont get them. I've tried talking to her about it but I get either it's not just about sex it I don't want to discuss it. I love her and and have bonded with the child who is under 3. Any ideas? 🙁

Hold off on proposing, get to know her better. This isn't normal and "it's not just about sex it I don't want to discuss it", is not a reasonable answer.

Hello! Yes, a romantic relationship and marriage is about sex and romance and touching and affection. Ask her to see a doctor because you don't plan on being friends or roommates. Don't beg, etc.

we are coming up to nearly a year together now. We were great at first and there was kidding, cuddling and sex once a week. But recently the sex has stopped, she doesn't like being touched so the kissing and hugging have stopped. I have to ask now and even then I dont get them.

Think of how this will work - or more worryingly, not - in six months time, a year, five, if things stay this way.

And without some intervention, I should think they won't - they'll get exponentially worse.

And I don't only refer to how this will effect you. This is not a recipe for a happy, healthy home for this child and any to come.

Sex is an important part of a healthy relationship. It can be that she does not find you as sexually attractive as she use to. Does she need you for other uses such as income etc. if so then maybe shes keeping a connection with you in order to fulfil these other requirements. It can be also be that shes going through a rough patch and needs some alone time.

Archived