Are There Signs For A Possible Makeup From A Breakup?

Here's my question. Is it better for your ex to tell you he needs a break from the relationship for a month or 2 and then to hear nothing from him still after a few weeks? Or if he says it's just not working out and I think we should be friends. Do people really take breaks from the one they love with N/C and then suddenly want to return to the relationship?

Also the demeanor of the person who has done the breaking up. If that person has been different since.....in the words of his friends, "nervous and just not the same", is that a positive sign? Or if the "breaker" had really no intention of returning to the relationship, would he be as effected as if there was a possibility?

If someone has decided to take a break then they need time to figure out, generally, if the compromises and/or feelings that they have are worth continuing and moving forward into something more serious. A "break" with no communication is not usually a good sign. I am guessing you have not been together for very long or live together. Being honest with yourself, while not what you hoped, is the best way to go. You may want to contact your ex and let them know that you want them to be honest. Keeping each other in limbo is not healthy or healing.

It seems to me he may be honest in his desire to have some space...after all, you guiys became comitted awfully fast...10 days!! wow. I had a related excperience a few years ago. I had been dating a man for 10 months and decided I needed a break because I fell out of love and needed some time to get my self out of an awful funk over it without him around making me feel even worse about him. I asked him for some time and he asked me how much time. I couldnt really state a time limit, but we decide don 2 weeks on no contact. He kept calling and IMing and asking me if I had had enough time the whole 2 weeks. Finally, I felt I had no choice but to break up with him for good. He had become a clinging desperate monster...feeding the negative image of him I was fighting in order to be able to feel in love again/. ANyway...now, four years later we are very good ftriends, I am still more in love with him than ever. He wont resume the romance though...I think he's never forgiven me for needing the space in the first place, but if you need space and you dont take it, or if your lover needs it and you dont give it...its a recipe for disaster. Good luck