ok. so i have been thinking about this recently. I'm about to come accross meeting someone that should be important to me. i haven't seen or heard from this person in lets just say a very long time. barely remembering this person. but i haven't really come to forgiving this person. i mean, she basically ran away from her problems. and one of them was me. so im about to meet her, but..... im not really sure how to forgive her. im sure she knows that what she did really affected my life, and not for her, but for me i need to forgive her...

have you ever had a hard time forgiving someone, and if so, did you succeed in doing it? how did you learn to forget and forgive?

Holding a grudge or being upset with this person hurts you more than it hurts them and that's something I had to learn the hard way. It takes more energy to be mad at someone that it does to just be cordial or civil . I'm not saying that you should forget what happened but you should forgive her so that you won't be holding negative thoughts in your mind or heart. But you should also tell this person how you felt about what they did to you or talk about it with someone you trust. It is always best to talk about things that bother you so you won't be harming yourself emotionally.

Hope I helped.

Jaiva

Remember the saying, "To err is human, but to forgive, divine."

You should try to forgive her. You don't have to be her best friend, but like Jaiva said, be cordial. You can just say, "I'm sorry about the stuff that happened before. I hope you live a wonderful life from now on."

Like Jaiva said, forgiving is more for yourself than for others, in some ways. It's known that people who are angry, stressed, whatever, have more health problems than people who are relaxed and happy. Let it go. It will be better for your soul and your body. Good luck!