Just ignoring me..

bunzana

I haven't read through all the posts but here is my insight as a member of a communicationally(I just made that word up) challenged relationship(on both sides),

"Last night he was watching a baseball game, and I called him once or twice. Each time he would not answer and instead responded with a text."

If it was a nasty text I would take issue regardless of why you called him...i would not acept a nastygram if I just called someone. if the context of the call or message YOU sent was a problem and there were many, many problems beforehand, then Im going to be impatient....peoples tolerances are different, and is quite subjective....hun, i lost my job; hun, i got muggged....yeah he should call, but if its the 5th time ranting on a coworker...eh..perhaps not so much.

"Now, when his friends call, he drops absolutely everything and answers the phone. No matter where we are or what we are doing."

In bed...boot him, on date night...put him in dog house until he is very sorry, on hang out night..meh depends, in a personal conversation(different for many people) then i couldnt tell you, but i will say in the beginning of listening to my SOs problems I was all there, then it became apparent to me that she was not innocent in these problems so it became a point of stress/contention and my patience dissolved.

" But when I call it doesn't really seem to matter much. So I responded to his text with something along the lines of "when _____ calls you run to answer the phone, but when I cal...". "

for me texting has been proven difficult as ones feelings are not conveyed properly over text...maybe he is a master of emoji or starts cursing but i have found that in text, i miss the point more often than not. also, proably dont want to make it like a competition between you and his friends...i would say hold conclusions until you can at least talk on phone or in person.

edited for bathroom epiphany: Only YOU can decide if your needs are being met AND only YOU can ultimately deicde if your being too needy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived