Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Wyoming and South Dakota Historic places

Coily

I've done some of the basic googling of these areas, but wanted to know if anyone on here knew of some of the more out of the way historic sites and/or historic places to dine? To give a point of reference I'm starting in Jackson, Wy and heading East.

Thanks

Thanks Iggy, I'll check that out.

Sturgis may be over populated for me that, haha. But to get on another belt driven Harley might be a good thing.

Devil's Tower is #1 on my list of sights actually.

Really appreciate the feedback so far.

Little Big Horn site, interesting place. Mt Rushmore. Walk the town of Custer, lots of touristy stuff.

Downtown Sheridan, KING ROPES has a museum worth the time, stand on the same spot Queen Elizabeth stood - yeah! lol Some old frontier bars, worth a few beers to tour.

Devils Tower. Lewis and Clark graffiti, forget the place but google it. Big Horn mountains, take a drive over them. God's country.

There you go.. now I'm jealous. Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well just got back from my cut short trip. Started in Boise and stayed a few days in the Stanley area of the Sawtooth Range, beautiful country. Sadly didn't get to take in every thing I wanted, but I hit the highlights.

Grand Teton National Park,

Yellowstone (Could have spent all day, but stupid schedule),

Camped in the Big Horns, Master Po is right worth the drive over and through, the moose waiter for breakfast was lacking though.

Devil's Tower was awe inspiring

The Black Hills were great, but the parking for Mt Rushmore was a turn off

And fell in love with the Badlands.

Not bad for 5 days out there, now I plan on going back and really spending some vacation time.

Thanks all!

Archived