I dated this girl last year , she was my friend for a few months before we dated. She broke up with me then asked me back. She then broke up with me again , but wanted to be friends still. She gave me some serious mixed signals about our friendship afterwards. Anyway, the friendship ended because of this. I always had the feeling she did not know what she wanted so I tried to be nice to her, I dont think she ever lead me on , on purpose. After a couple of months of not talking to each other , i called to wish her a Happy Birthday. She was real happy to hear from me , and we talked for 2hours catching up on stuff, she said we should do stuff together again. She asked me out and again we talked for hours again. We hung out a few times as friends , but got along great . Then she started to avoid me for no reason. So , I called her up one day and she tells me she is uncomfortable around me , and she is not interested in me. We were just friends, even though I did want to get back with her.

first off let me apologize for the sitation that you're in

well it seems like she's confused about what she feels for you as she said she was nervous and uncomfortable.

Im taking a look at the past history between you two and i see unstableness, as far as relationship-wise. You were dating at one point and then became "just friends" again. It's always hard, if not impossible, to regain the initial feelings for that person when returning to a friendship.

Im not sure of what you're asking here, but it seems like you want to start dating her again. think really hard about this situation before you tell her, as she said that she's uncomfortable in your presense. Maybe she doesn't want to start dating you again for the fear that it won't work out again.......Ill stop talking now as I dont want to confuse you! lol....but anyway good luck and hope this was of any help

I think she either likes you again in a romantic way and is afraid that her feelings for you might not be returned...thereforeeee she needs a reassurance from you that you are willing to give the relationship another try,

OR

this girl realized that she does like you romantically and still has feelings for you, but doesn't want to get hurt and thereforeeee wants to avoid you knowning that the two of you would be better off without one another.

I think she's just a bit confused right now - I mean, you guys had a relationship in the past and now it seems like you are in a place where you are friends but with memories - and memories are hard to die down - especially when the two of you are having a good time just hanging out and the thoughts of "should we? shouldn't we?" are inside your head. It can make one confused - and I think she is at the moment.

If I were you I'd cool it off with her but if she calls again or comes into contact - just be yourself and talk to her as you'd normally would...just take it easy with her - sounds like she's a bit scared that's all.

That's just my opinion - as that's how I'd operate if my ex returned and we were good friends all of a sudden.

best of luck!

Is it best for you to remain friends?

I'm mad about my ex and have written alot about it but I do not want to see or hear him ever again unless hes my bf.

There are lots of people who can be his friend but it would be too hard for me.

how would you feel if she introduced her friend You to her new boyfriend.

At the moment you are giving her everything she wants. this allows her the luxury to wallow and not make a real decision. This is hurting you.

Cut the umbilical cord.

Do the NC. From what I gather here its your best chance of success and I think it has worked for me. early days yet, fingers crossed etc etc.

good luck.