It's The Not Knowing That Hurts The Most

I have been working through a break-up. What causes the most sadness is the not knowing......Friday I got an email from the guy I had been dating. He wrote and told me that he was still working on my website (he offered to help me with it when we were together) He also told me a few items of news about his life, and that was that. The email seemed very friendly, and was titled "Meow meow!" because we both love cats and that was his little term of endearment, so to speak, when he greeted me on the phone or in person.

I wrote back and thanked him for helping me. I didn't even realise he was working on the site. I told him I appreciated that and would like to see the results.

Well, I haven't heard back from him. I just get a bit sad.....I know this shouldn't bother me, but it does. I have been feeling better, but I still feel a little melencholy about the who affair, and I wonder why he hasn't written back.....I worry about these sort of things, even if I shouldn't let it affect me so much.

Oh bother...I just need any advice about it.

Honey - is this the same guy you posted about about a few days ago? The one who sends you e-mails justifying the breakup because "italian researchers found that women with large breasts have lower sex drives?" If so, please don't bother yourself with him! He seems very toxic. It may be hard at first, but I think you will be much happier in the long run if you banish this man from your life.

You may never really know why he made his decision. Your best option would be to step away from this and leave this alone. Occupy your thoughts with other things and don't allow this to get the best of you.

Each person in a relationship deserves to know the status of the relationship. It is really unfair of him not to disclose to you the need for the breakup. Realize that a lot of people, simply don't have the courage to tell the person that they still care about why they have chose to move on in their personal life. Keep in mind, it may be something that you don't desire to know and if you knew it may make this time for you worse.

Embrace this moment and work on building yourself back up by reclaiming your identity. Do not let this fill your empty thoughts. Stay busy and do your best to not spend any moments of wandering about this. It will only grow and really affect you more.

The only other option that you have for an attempt would be to contact him in person or on phone and ask him. Keep in mind that by doing this you risk his unpredictable reaction and discovering the truth. Its a good chance it won't be a good experience.

Either way, stay strong and keep moving to the future.

You will get through this and things will get better for you.

Good luck to you.

Hi Pal,

I think you can stay the way it is, be thankful for his help, and meant what you said.

You can always change grief loss feeling as a gratitude one by focusing on that you are thankful he saw your website and appreciative he knows that your website exist and you exist. And just leave it as that. Soon you will feel better.