Feeling out of place?

Have you ever felt like you don't fit in your society? Well, I've been struggling with this my entire life. I feel like maybe I was born in the wrong place and in the wrong time. I have a hard time dealing with people and the only way I can make friends is by pretending I'm someone else. A friend of mine told me I was like an alien because I was too strange and even my dad told me I should try to mix more with people. Some others tell me I should not care about anything and just be myself, but then again, if I show my true self people look down on me and say I'm just plain weird and walk away...

I'm kinda used to being alone most of the time, I don't talk much but suddenly I feel I may be the one doing something wrong and that is why I'm disliked. I don't know.

Has this ever happened to you?

This has happened to me but I can tell you it does get better. Never change yourself there's nothing wrong with you, you just see this world differently- and there's nothing wrong with being "weird". What constitues "weirdness" anyway? Is it your intelligence? The jokes you make? That's not weird, that's just you and theres nothing wrong with that! People will cone and go and we do go through phases like this in life, keep your chin up but do try and speak to people when YOU feel comfortable and in a way that makes you comfortable

Hadaranight -

I have struggled with the same things you talk about for most of my life. It comes and goes in waves, but it is also a part of who you are. You shouldn't try to ignore it, or be angry about it. Instead, you need to acknowledge it. Accept it for what it is, and just be aware of it. But don't assume you are doing anything wrong - you are not. it is not your actions, but rather other peoples reactions that separate them from you. If they cant handle it, then they are not worthy of your friendship.

You ask the reason for being here if we are always alone. Sometimes it is good to be alone, it helps you appreciate those around you more.

Archived