Is anyone a "demisexual"?

strongemily

I'm the same way. I can't just find someone physically attractive and then want to jump his bones. lol I need to have an emotional bond and genuinely like who that person is before I have relations with him. You are not alone! I felt the same way once I discovered the term demisexual!

Really?? How do you think we're the normal ones when everyone else is obsessed with checking out all the guys and girls on magazines that they don't even know?? I mean I can say that person is attractive or whatever, but I don't really feel it. And whenever I'm dating someone, that person becomes the most handsome guy in the world to me.. which I think that should be normal, right?

yup! That's how I operate as well! 👌

I have a question for demisexuals, especially since I may be one myself - Are you able to fantasize about sex? If so, how are you able to do it? It's easy to visualize what someone looks like/sounds like/smells like and say "he/she's hot" and go fantasize about that - but for demisexuals, do you need to imagine that you have an emotional bond with someone before you can fantasize about them? How are you able to create that emotional bond in your head? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question for demisexuals, especially since I may be one myself - Are you able to fantasize about sex? If so, how are you able to do it? It's easy to visualize what someone looks like/sounds like/smells like and say "he/she's hot" and go fantasize about that - but for demisexuals, do you need to imagine that you have an emotional bond with someone before you can fantasize about them? How are you able to create that emotional bond in your head? Thanks.

Honestly, as completely demisexual person (that thing describes me pretty well) I don't need emotional bond when just imagine things. But if I don't have emotional connection with the person, I wouldn't do that in real life.

Op: Do you have a sexual appetite, a healthy libido or are you one of the "demisexuals" that are a-sexual?

Most demisexuals feel sexual attraction rarely compared to the general population, and some have little to no interest in sexual activity. Most demisexuals feel sexual attraction rarely compared to the general population, and some have little to no interest in sexual activity.

I think the very definition of demisexual makes it unique and not the same as those of us that prefer having sex with someone we have emotionally bonded with.

Archived