I've been in a relationship with my bf for almost 3 years and he's in the air force. We been on a rocky rollercoaster and can't wait till he takes leave in July so we can work on us. He has 2 years left and i'm just really emotional and need him here. And it's hard because he's away and can't talk to me as much as we both would like.. i have a lot going on at work and school and my family have turned their backs on me for other personal reasons. It's hard and i need him here.

Can you video chat? How often do you communicate? Are you writing him letters? Are there military-family support groups you can look into? Seek out all the support you can get from school and work resources. Have you tried online support forums for military families? Your situation is not unique in that have your loved one away for long periods, is something other military families are familiar with.

I've been in a relationship with my bf for almost 3 years and he's in the air force. i have a lot going on at work and school and my family have turned their backs on me for other personal reasons.
Can you video chat? How often do you communicate? Are you writing him letters? Are there military-family support groups you can look into? Seek out all the support you can get from school and work resources. Have you tried online support forums for military families? Your situation is not unique in that have your loved one away for long periods, is something other military families are familiar with.

Yes we skype maybe once every couple of weeks because his job is demanding so we talk whenever we he gets some time. I write him a letter every month. I was apart of this military milso support group but they took down the site so i haven't been able to really vent to other girls going through the same thing and can't find anymore free ones, so its been hard. I'm about to get a new hobby, maybe that'll help take my mind off things and stress in my life...

Archived