I need advice

Please help. 6.5 year relationship. He left me for a younger woman. He kept it secret for 6 months after the split he was seeing her but wouldn't leave me alone, sleeping with me throughout then disappearing and lying. It's been 7 months now and I've cut him off.

I have however got close to his best friend. We have a lot in common and we are happy and he was clear and up front with my ex who said he wasn't bothered. We live in a village so it's hard to be with someone who isn't someone's ex.

Only exes girlfriend is constantly causing problems and has been sending my new man (who i am very happy with) abusive Facebook messages and is constantly making smart comments to him if out about his disloyalty to his friend!!! The nerve!!!

This is causing problems with my man as he is now cutting off my ex cos of the hassle. But also with me. They had a row in the pub tonight when she spilled her drink on him deliberately so I ended up yelling at her to eff off basically.

I am so sick of it. Ended up with words with my ex after it kicked off and we haven't spoken for a month and that's how I want it and I made myself look a pillock but I'm not having her constantly picking on my man and I've kept my mouth shut this far.

It's stopping me moving on. I'm so sick of it all.

Dating your ex's best friend was never going to run smoothly was it? Especially if you were still sleeping with your ex up until a month ago. Mind you I'm not sure why she is the one with the problem.

It's not an ideal situation. Your ex is with a woman he cheated on you with and you are now with his BEST friend. Add alcohol to the mix and it's asking for trouble. If you're sick of it then stay away from pubs where they might be drinking and block them on social media.

It all sounds like an immature mess to me. Just stay away from them and don't get drawn into any arguments online (or otherwise), you are giving her ammunition to keep on going. Ignore it and she/they will get bored.

It's pathetic. The best friend and I have been friends for years. It's just happened. It's been 2 months since I stopped with the ex, my mistake in post above. He kept saying he wanted to try again and the whole time he was with her. He did some awful things and was trying to come back 5 weeks ago till I told him never to contact me again.

I'm going to stay out the way. She's just crazy and I don't need it. I think she thinks she's gaining favour with my ex by having a go.

Thank you for your advice

Pathetic, definitely .... but also predictable. I'm not saying you shouldn't have done it, just that there was always likely going to be some consequence to it. Your ex said he is OK with it so I'm not sure why she should have a problem ..... probably because she just likes the drama ... so don't give her any.

Although it's a rebound relationship right now, focus on that rather than your ex and this woman. Revise your FB and don't waste time on cat-fights in person or on media.

Please help. 6.5 year relationship. He left me for a younger woman. It's been 7 months now and I've cut him off. I have however got close to his best friend. Facebook messages and is constantly making smart comments to him if out about his disloyalty to his friend!!! The nerve!!! This is causing problems with my man as he is now cutting off my ex cos of the hassle. But also with me.

Archived