a good move?

tufty

I know I am a bit of a coward -and I have posted before on this man with whom I work - but I just need a little more confirmation (+dutch courage!) before I actually do something....

Last week he dropped a flier on my desk for some club night - Nobody else in the office got one and I knew it was his because they were lying on his desk- I went over to ask about it and he generally acted like a 14 year old schoolboy - picking lint , stammering and playing with tie- He didn't actually ask me to go.... but it was a sortof ... 'oh I might go type thing' - alas I couldn't make that night and tried to make is really clear I'd love to go but couldn't -then we spoke about other places locally doing similar stuff - and I managed to find a flyer a similar thing later on - the next day I mentioned it in passing and he didn't really react much- but is still attentive with eye contact + touch etc.

I'm thinking of dropping this thing(for the similar night) on his desk tomorrow - is this a good move? , I'm sortof waiting for him to ask to do something else - but wonder if he's waiting for me to do something, I thought I noticed an almost imperceptible/slight cooling off from him lately - though that might be my absolute paranoia as I am now watching and listening more intently than I did before this.......

I must seem a complete idiot - but it's been so long since I liked someone who also liked me that I am really worried about misreading signals.

Could I be?