Mind racing, not sure what to think about my Final Exam

To make things short, I just completed my Final Exam for Supply Chain Management. Not only was I extremely tired, but I finished it past the two and half hour deadline he gave us, and didn't even make it to extra credit opportunities that he had given to us. When I submit it, I really did something that I think made me look weak to the instructor. I told him "Here is my Final Exam. I know that it is a little late, but I struggled with some of the questions to the point where I didn't even get to the extra credit. I would just be extremely grateful if you could accept this final exam for credit, even though it's past the deadline."

I think I might get a 0% on this, which would just totally wreck my grade that I worked dang hard for. I also feel that I might have degraded myself by basically acting in a moment of weakness by saying "I would just be extremely grateful if you could accept this final exam for credit." We all have those moments when we don't get something done on time, but this was a Final Exam, and I think I might have just put myself in a bad light. I haven't received an email response from him accepting my final exam, so I don't know what to think.

How late are we talking? And what was the format? Online?

Generally speaking, as long as you speak to them one-on-one about it (don't ask to be made an exception in public), professors will show leniency so long as they feel the student has put in the effort to merit it. If you've been showing up / turning all your work and keeping an open line regarding any subject matter you may be struggling with, I'd say there's a good chance s/he will accept it so long as we're talking like a half hour and not two hours late, even if it means a penalty. I'd be very surprised if s/he stuck you with a zero, unless the solutions were set to automatically be posted after the 2.5 hour time limit.

Archived