Sent letter to ex, got bad response

ah, i did the letter thing too and now i get to sit with knowledge that he can read it all over again anytime he wants. but i don't feel too embarrassed about it because i was being completely honest and that's a quality i'd like to keep in myself. i also look at it as my say. the break-up was his say without my input. well, damnit, i've things to say about it as well. when i gave him the letter he told me i was idealizing the relationship but i really don't care what he thinks because he was in justify-the-breakup mode. in the end, he'll see that someone sincerely cared for him and he cast her away.

feel better!

I love your attitude on this. I feel exactly the same way. I only feel sorry for people who can't put themselves compeltely out there, aren't 100% committed, can only take the lover's hop for the less then devastated. If you don't risk it 100% then you don't feel the joy 100%. Everything is just "whatever" and you end up feeling that way about life.

For everyone who has had their heart broken by real love, realize that a lot of people never get to experience that.

Elliot Smith once wrote, "The joy is not the same without the pain." So, so true. Those who shield themselves from pain, will never get to see the wonder that is pure joy.

hahah

Yeah, thanks for all the responses. I really do feel like a dumbazz. After I read what I wrote I almost threw up it was so embarrasing. Really, gotta lay of the beers if you're near a computer and have a bone to pick with your ex lol.

Next time, I'll know better

What did you say in the letter? and how did she respond? Did you tell her how much she hurt you or did you ask her to come back to you?

I am currently struggling with whether to send my ex a letter I have written or not. I think sending the letter really depends on alot of factors. How did the break up occur? Can you really remain friends? In my case the breakup was done in an evil fashion over an email so at this point, after 3.5 years of taking her feelings into consideration, my letter to my ex will tell her exactly what I think of her. I obviously am not thinking we can be friends, lol...Just my thoughts. I am obviously still torn as to what to do since the letter to my ex is still sitting in a file on my pc.

Great thread!

The computer is very dangerous when feeling full of emotions and wanting to let it out. There have been sooo many times I pushed "send" and immediately was like, Doh! So then I feel the need to send another one explaining the last, and on and on, regreting it every time.