Landscape/animal photos

dias

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One day I hope I will be whisked away to Athens

Here are a few more of Our Volcanoes at National Park (centre of the North Island) I have already posted some similar winter shots of these, I took these early January 2017, (I had to stand on the roof of my car to take the shot, ... haha) still non professional on my little Samsung...

[img] park by </p><p> Lisii, on Flickr

Lisii, on Flickr

(correct spelling - Mt Ruapehu and Mount Ngauruhoe)

Morning!

Yes these are very active. From the other side of the mountain you can see the steaming vents. Last time it erupted (the big mountain - i think was about 15 years ago - I'll get some links for you as my memory isn't that reliable) . We all ski on it in winter, haha no fear!. . There are beautiful walks/hikes to the crater lakes.

Last eruption was in 2007 - here's footage:

]

(I had a close friend touring on the mountain that day - she now has a white stripe in eyebrow from the stress of the eruption - quiet bizzare)

It's something we live with - there are a lot of geysers/thermal areas around the centre of the NI, hundreds of volcano's (some super volcano's, some dormant ones, some - lots of crater lakes too) - In fact I live in a crater! haha - It has some risks... but no place is safe with Mother Nature I guess.

Happy to help you with great places to visit - when you are ready!

L

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lovely Dias - love the light poking through..

Guess what! I've been camping... this time to the coast - beautiful Autumn sunsets with wine in hand:

[img] by Lisii, on Flickr

Surfer coming in:

[img] surfer by Lisii, on Flickr

Lovely Dias - love the light poking through..

Guess what! I've been camping... this time to the coast - beautiful Autumn sunsets with wine in hand:

[img] by Lisii, on Flickr

Surfer coming in:

[img] surfer by Lisii, on Flickr

Now I envy you

Archived