Why am I attracted to/attracting no good men?!

Lostsoul1991

As I analyze myself and look at past situations I realized I was always more attracted to the bad guys, the players, the narccistic type, the emotionally unavailable etc. I'm really trying to figure out if there is something off within me that always stuck in dead end situations with these type of men. But when I go out on dates with the really sweet nice gentleman type its uncomfortable. I'm really having a hard time understanding myself. Its almost like being treated bad is more "comfortable" in a sense than being treated nice by a gentleman. Can anyone relate? Has anyone ever went through this kind of phase in their life? Ive been like this since high school and I am 24 now.

I am just gonna add my 2 cents here. I think you may like the feeling of chasing the guy for his attention and when he gives you that un-asked, easily achieved attention you get bored and you don't feel the attraction. Nice guys, gentlemen usually and unfortunately possess this quality and many woman do not like this, they like the feeling of chasing that thrill and wanting what they cannot have. I would say even men have this also though I was/am/will never like this.

I am saying this based on my own experience. If you want nice guys then you really need to sit down by yourself and see what it is about these jerks that get your attention? I was recently dating a 33 year old woman and on the first date I kid you not she told me "wow you are so different, I am used to dating jerks and bad guys and you are such a nice guy, a gentlemen (I actually met her online and bought her one red rose on our first date)". And guess what soon after 2 month I was doing everything for her and she wasn't investing half of that. So we broke up.

You are still young but at an age where you can really sit down with yourself and think and see what do you want in men?

Hope this helps

Archived