Is she lying to me?

caleb1689

Hello everyone!

I was in a long distance relationship a few years ago with this wonderful girl. For some reason, over something miniscule, we lost our cool and sort of distanced ourselves from each other. Truth be told, I was the one to walk away from it.

Fast forward to last month, about five years after the fact, I decided to reconnect with her. Without even having to say it, she was weary of the past and made it clear that she does not trust me. I was not surprised.

Now a lot has happened in these 5 years but we still hit it off really well.

One day, while exchanging texts, she dropped a few details regarding her past and current lifestyle that I cannot seem to overlook or accept. Then, a few days later, she retracted some of her statements; she admitted that some of the things she said were not true and she only threw them at me to test me, to see how I handle them. Her intention was to see if I weather the storm or take off running.

Now she knows the kind of person I want to be with. She made herself out to be the exact opposite of my ideals. Interesting thing is that she only retracted her claims regarding things that did not bother me. However, she still maintains that the rest of everything she said (regarding her past, current lifestyle and outlook on things) still stands and is true.

I have a hard time believing her for two reasons:

1. Why would she reveal details of her personal life to someone she still says she does not trust completely?

2. She only retracted the claims that did not bother me. The few other things that bothered me she maintains is true. But I also know, as admitted by her, there were things she threw at me to test me. So could it all be a lie? A $hit test? To see if I will stand by her or leave (like the last time).

I guess my question is this: is she testing me? I have this gut feeling that I am being tested.

What do you guys think?

Have you every actually met this person?

I would tell you to stay away for 1 simple fact, long distance. Don't you want daily/on regular basis companionship? Without that, your relationships (assuming what you have is even one) will never succeed

Have you every actually met this person?

I would tell you to stay away for 1 simple fact, long distance. Don't you want daily/on regular basis companionship? Without that, your relationships (assuming what you have is even one) will never succeed

I have not met this person but I intend to meet her soon. To be close to her, and also as part of my career aspirations, I wish to move to the state where she resides.

Archived