What is he doing? Please help!? Desperate.

My ex and I got together April of last year. Things went downhill when he left for base(he was on leave from military). He was going through alot and so was I..so we had a mutual break up. Just last July we had tried for a relationship again and only lasted for a week. We texted back and forth and he came over one day and hung out. When he left, we barely talked after that. At one point when we talked, he said he is 100% sure he's moving out west. My heart was broken all over again. We didnt end on very good terms(my breakdown I had led him to block me from everything). He moved out west just last month and he moved back here this month because apparently moving out west didnt "feel right". I had gotten over him almost completely.

Anyway, I had made a new facebook account due to so much negative stuff on my old one that it was impossible to delete all the people posting negative and hateful things. I ran into his facebook. So I'm over him and we haven't talked since July so I sent him a request knowing there wouldn't be a problem. To my surprise, he accepted it. I just asked how he was and that was that. Well, today we start talking and kind of pick on each other in a friendly way. But I had planned on deactivating my facebook for sometime and finally did today. I had reactivated it after an hour because I forgot to get a friends number. I sign back in with a message reading "done talking to me?" and I just go "Idk, if you want me to be. It doesn't matter." And he goes "it doesn't matter? Are you saying I dont matter?" and then told him I never said that. He said I'm deactivating my account and he goes "because of me huh?" And I said "no. Facebook is just getting old to me" then he goes "I'm old to you Told him I never said that but but whatever he wants to think. He hinted that he wanted my number and gave it to him. He texted me and asked about coming over. I told him "idk. Not today. I dont feel like having company over and I'm not chancing today to happen like the last time." He said "situation has changed a bit since then. I do promise I wont just cut out like last time. I dont blame you for being cautious..im just not sure I could ever actually prove myself after that." And I go "ya." And he just gave a " and I said "what" and he said "that last part, not sure if you're agreeing with it." And i go "why does any of this even matter to you? No big deal." And that was that. Haven't heard from him since. But hes suddenly went to not caring to actually giving some sort of crap? Or am I not reading between the lines? What does he mean hes not sure he can prove himself? I'm so lost. Please help. Thank in advance!!

Archived