So here's my situation!

slowdown001

I met a guy online and intention was to hook-up from the start, I am not a very realtionship minded person. In the beginning for about a week we texted almost daily, through the day but not constantly.Finally met the guy for drinks outside, had a great time and I suppose he did too, met some of his friends too at his place and they seemed cool and respectful, the sex was great,and didn't spend the night out of choice.He asked if I would like to see him again, I said i wasnt sure. Sent the usual got home, had a great time text, which was acknowledged the next morning. Texted to and fro a bit more but not like before. By now the inclination from the guy was that he would like to meet again but I said maybe it was a one time thing. The question now is if the guy liked me, would he have let it go so easy? or is he just respecting my wishes. and if I wanted to see him again how should i go about it? and considering I like this guy should I even do it at the risk of catching feelings?

I don't know if this will give you any comfort, but this is very typical. This has happened to me before as well.

Before sex, and when the anticipation and urge for sex is in place, the female has all the clarity while a man is in "hunting" mode. Once you do the deed, the roles reverse. The female wants more sex and intimacy, and starts thinking about the male more. Meanwhile, the man's needs have been satisfied and he is thinking clearly. And in this case, his clear state of mind tells him that your arrangement is what it is - sex. Anything more could be a little too serious.

I am assuming he's a nice enough dude because he had you chill with his friends and engaged in friendly conversation in order to establish comfort. A lot of men you'll meet online for sex will just want to meet in the middle of the night and "get 'er done." However this guy didn't want to make you feel cheap. Which is actually pretty cool.

But I think that's all it is. He was friendly, and if the sex was good, you'll probably hear from him again. However nothing here tells me that he was crushing on you. Sorry if that isn't what you want to hear. I would just focus on keeping your intentions consistent - casual, friendly sex.

Men and women are a bit different. Some women think that they can act like guys and have casual sex (and some actually can but most women can't)- women are wired a bit different.

Are you looking to date this guy or just have sex (nothing wrong with that) ? And what does the guy want? The guy could just be interested in a casual/sexual relationship (if that is the initial impression that you gave him).

My point is that if there is a mismatch in what both of you are looking out of your "meetings", then sooner or later someone will have their heart broken.

Archived