make someone fall in love

zb

Ok....since I got some snappy replies to my last post I thought I would try to be more clearn. I did not mean to imply that having a dozen roses sent to my new girlfriend after our first time having sex would make her fall in love with me...... I just meant that it would help in the process...............in away we do "make" people fall in love with us by the actions we make toward them. Just like you can make someone hate you, you can also make them like... or love you. A flower here, a note there.....all add up in the end.....it is what makes a healthy relationship become even better. If you think that someone can fall in love with you without these "little things" then you have either been very lucky in that people just drop head over heels for you for no reason at all, or you don't know what love is. Sitting around doing nothing, not being affectionate and so on will not forge a bond of love... I know this because even though I loved my ex to death she slowly killed it by not responding to my affection for her........ so yes the person does need to accept the signs of love you are throwing at them......but that was not my issue.....I thought my post made that clear... the girl so far has enjoyed all that I have done with her. Massaging, a flower... kissing .......and all that............... what I wanted to know is just how vital the "little things" such as a surprise picnic.....or a rose left on her alarm clock so she finds it in the morning (with her roomies help) are in helping make the bond of love stronger....... I mean wouldn't you be more apt to fall in love with a guy who does the "little things" more so then a guy who is only concerned with his car and sports. That is all I was trying to convey......perhaps I was tired and worded my last post wrong........... the first reply it really seemed bitter......and by the way who ever you were......I do pray.....I prayed for a few weeks before ending it with my ex and I have prayed daily for this new relationship to work.......and I have seen how God has helped me in other aspects of my life, like a new apartment and a new job....... don't assume that your the only one who prays..........

I myself dont really know if you can "make" someone love you, but i agree with you that the little things help and keep the relationship exciting for your partner, i used to buy my girlfriend little things all the time and surprise her with them, i used to basically soend all of my money on her, i used to give her massages and things like that, i always used to give her one before she went to bed and another one when she woke up in the morning, but now that we are apart i really do miss these little things that i used to do for her, and i love her more than anything now, even after over a month has passed since we were together, but hopefully time will take its course for us and we will find each other again soon, we still talk on the phone and via text messages and she has said that she loves me on thr phone, and we are meeting up again sometime soon, just as friends though just to see how things go!

So i agree that the little things work, the only thing i never tried was flowers, because she always used to say that she doesnt really like the smell of flowers, but she has never received any from anyone before so that maybe why she says she doesnt like them, maybe i should try them sometime.

Although its fairly easy to make someone hate you, IE punching them in the nose repeatedly, I find it hard to believe that you can in any way shape or form make, anyone fall in love with you. Hate is a more loosely used and freely given term to imply dislike, but usually when someone says they love you its forged from a more intense and longer though out process. For me to love someone they have to do both more AND less than say putting a rose on my alarm clock or having a surprise picnic. Those are actions, and although they may come from the heart, they also come fairly cheaply- thus making them LESS. Similiar interests, outlooks on life, emotions, even the way that someone looks at you, lays next to you in bed or even smells, is more apt to bring about a feeling of love. Those are things that are actually OF a person, not BY them, thus making them MORE.

But thats just my 2 cents in the matter. Thats how I am anyway. I doubt its isolated to just me.

• 2 months later...

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost one year and at times it can be rocky but we always work it out. My "issue" persay is that she is not an affectionate person. Sometimes she can be great but it doesnt usually last long. I want her to let her guard down (shes afraid of being hurt plus has some emotional stress) and be affectionate and trust in me that I wont break her heart. I made that promise to her a year ago and dont intend to. But I would like some affection back - as I give quite a bit and do quite alot for her. Any help?

I get what you're trying to say Balhatain... There is this one girl that I really like from school and I'm gonna give her a teddy bear I made with love just for her at the Build-A-Bear Workshop the next time I see her and ask her out. A few of the girls I'm friends with have seen the bear and said that if she doesn't love it then she's crazy. I know that you can't MAKE someone fall in love with you, but I'm trying to show this girl that I really care for her and want an emotional, loving relationship with her(not really a physical, sexual relationship).

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that the little things DEFINITELY make a difference. I've been with my bf for 2 years, and I'm always teasing him that it's a good thing that I'm not in it for the romance. Every once in awhile he'll get me a stuffed animal or a flower and card, but, since he hasn't started his new job yet, which lessens it somewhat, but the thought is there. I'm always saying how nice it would be to get a massage, or a hug out of the blue, or a note waiting for me in the morning just saying hello and that he loves me, but he kinda misses these broad hints. No, it's not going to MAKE someone fall in love with you, but they'll realize the thought is there in the actions you take and the words you speak....in the overall caring you show.