Implantation bleeding, spotting, discharge, and/or menstruation?

sleepyleila

I hate to add to the abundance of "am I pregnant?" threads, but I need help. I'm 21 years old, and I've had a period every month for the past 6 years. My periods are very rarely early or late, and even then it's only by 1-2 days according to a period tracker on my phone. Now I know that I cannot depend on an app for all of the answers and predictions to my body, but the app is pretty spot on.

I had my usual period last month. Less than 2 weeks later, I began to have a brown discharge. This lasted about 1 week and a couple days. Around the same time that my boyfriend and I had a really sough sex session, my discharge started to have blood in it. I didn't think anything of it, because I thought it was due to the rough intercourse. The brown discharge stopped, and I had light bleeding for less than a week. It's been about 4 days, and my period tracker says that I am supposed to get my period now.

I am turning to the internet for help, so please be kind. I am aware that I should probably visit the doctor, but I just want to know if anyone has had similar problems. Obviously, I'm going to take a pregnancy test.

Was that week of light bleeding my period? It was approximately 1.5-2 weeks early... Should I expect to get my "regular" period any day now (despite the fact that I already had abnormal discharge/bleeding for almost half the month!)?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer, it is truly appreciated.

i don't think it's sounds like implantation bleeding, though don't trust me on that, i'm neither schooled in this nor have i ever been preggers...i've had a few of these "fake periods" in the past though.

the thing is i.b. shouldn't occur so soon after your period. i think at least...ovulation occurs on the 13th-16th day and implantation should be within the next 10 days after ovulation. so the bleeding could happen between 2 days or a week before your next period. yours happened less than two weeks post-period. so it just sounds unlikely...but do a test!!!

it also shouldn't last as long as your bleeding did, it's usually just one to two small droplets (not very "bloody" either, my colleague said hers was mostly transparent with just a hint of blood). sometimes there will be a drop on the next day as well but i've never heard of it occurring for a week or more. IB is sometimes accompanied with short-lasting cramps or a feeling of something tugging the uterus downwards.

it could just be a hopefully minor injury due to the sex...

mine were due to slight hormonal imbalances (mostly thyroid) in phases of extreme stress, physical overexertion and a pretty drastic change in my diet due to food allergies. i didn't need hormonal replacement, i had no cysts anywhere, it all went back to normal when i got the stressors under control. Even my thyroid bounced back of itself, but i did have it monitored for a while.

Schedule an appointment and do an early detection pregnancy test, definitely. If it's a symptom of a bigger issue you'll have caught it early. I hope the above helps with the anxiety, sometimes the body is just protesting when stressed and bounces back nicely.

Fingers crossed for you test and appointment.

p.s. yes, i still had my regular period. (so period every two weeks, one being real, the other "mock".i'm told sometimes this is a symptom of more serious hormonal imbalances.)

Archived