Stupid Insecurity

Hippoland

In general I think when it comes to problems, the best thing to do with your partner is to talk about it, but this problem of mine seems so stupid and hit me like 3 days later which also makes me feel it would be so odd to randomly bring it up.

Me and my girlfriend have been together for about 6 months now and everything has been great but a few days ago we met a mutual friend we had not seen in years, he is doing really well and is now a semi professional actor and is looking pretty great and has the money flowing in.

My girlfriend before we met him, would often randomly bring up how crazy it is that he is an actor now and so forth but I didn't think much of it. When we then met him, she was pretty much interviewing him which again I didn't think anything of it. Until she asked "So how often do you get random women asking to sleep with you?".

Now really that is just a funny little question with nothing more to it, but for some reason in my head its kind of replaying with me thinking that by her asking that question so quickly, she was already associating him with sex.

I know this is such a ridiculous thing to be weirded out by especially as I have never had similar problems, but for some reason that question really placed a landmine in my head.

I am just being stupid?

Yup. She was asking an actor if women throw themselves at him. Normal question

Yeah I know, it really is. Was more the way she asked, was just a kind of enthusiastic and blunt "So how often do you get women asking to f-ck you" and well yeah like I said, it just played weird in my head despite being a fairly normal question.

You are being an insecure guy. Be an alpha male and be man! nothing will be move from your center. Girls like to test a guy and see if he got any insecurities. Your attitude should be... at the end she will be going home with me and that is the bottom line. Date her and court like a man. you are her rock and her mountain. Go to the Gym get into a better shape. Let her do 80% of texting and calling!

Does the actor who is rolling in the money and xx make you feel a little inadequate and insecure?

I don't think you are being stupid, you are being human. We all have our moments of feeling a little less than perfectly confident. Just recognize it for what it is. And find a way to let it go. Focus back on the good. I do think you took what she said to heart so much because your insecurities had been stirred a little already (probably from hearing about everything with the actor - but remember - his life and he isn't perfect either).

Archived