I'm feeling conflicted and very guilty....

Soup the Dog

I'm further along the fence than earlier. But the point remains that I've started another story separate from theirs-the only common themes being a thief for a main character(s) and an outer space theme. The synopsis only had 2 characters and I've already eliminated one, changed the name of the second, and tacked on 2 others.

To answer your question, Grace, there are now 3 thieves. They excel at stealing and selling relics from what I call Old Earth-the cursed Hope Diamond, a piece of Stonehenge, etc-because the entire solar system has opened up thanks to 25th century technology and there's always profit in antiquity. I wouldn't say they're anti-heroes so much as self-preservationists.

Yep, just these 3 thieves in a space cruiser. Like I said, there's no other dangerous character, a vacation, or anything else that resembles the synopsis I read.

You're right Saluk, I've fallen in love with the story I've created.

honestly - you've added to it, you've put your own stamp on it, you've actually written the story. There are very few original ideas, the main thing is the execution. I wouldn't delete and I wouldn't feel to bad about it.

Thanks. But I thought about how I would feel if one of my stories-the one I've worked on for 2 years-suddenly was grabbed by someone else and expanded upon. It doesn't feel right, morally, for me to continue with their story.

I'd like to place my stamp on my own envelope, so to speak.

Archived