Guys and Girls...dating!

Smity22

Personally it would be a red flag for me if the guy didn't pay on the first date. It's the expectation that has been labled with guys. I would certainly offer, but I expect the guy to refuse out of politeness. I would definetly pay for everything on the second or third date though as I am not a "gold digger".

I always offer to pay, or if I suggest something I will go ahead and pay. Sometimes it also depends on the date itself..for example if we are going for drinks, I will sometimes stop at the bar on my way back from washroom for example and buy a round and just take initiative. I pick up the tab at dinners regularly.

I always at least offer, or at least attempt to contribute in some way If we are regularly dating, we end up splitting costs in one way or another.

I don't like when guys spend money on me when I can afford myself... so whenever I go out with a guy I usually tell him that I don't mind paying. However, if I am out on a first date with a guy and he just expects me to pay for myself (for example, if he jumped in front of me on line at the movies and then only asks for one ticket) than, like tiger_lilies said, a red flag would go up for me. If the guy takes it upon himself to go ahead and ask for two tickets, then hey I won't argue, but then I'll offer to pay for candy/soda. Once in a while I tell the guy I'm taking on the "man-role" and I'll take him on a date to reciprocate for all the times he paid for me (for example, I'll take him out to dinner then pay for the whole meal.)

So basically, on the first date it is a good idea to at least *offer* to pay. Some girls, like me, are uncomfortable always making the guy pay because it makes them feel like golddiggers... but if he acts like a gentleman on the first date than he will get treated a lot better later on

I used to ask guys if they wanted me to pay, and usually they declined and said they'd pay for everything. I stopped asking since one guy actually got OFFENDED when I asked. That was the last time I ever asked... He made it seem like I thought he was poor and unable to pay. Like I totally burned his "manly" image or something. I still can't get over how he acted when I was just trying to be nice.