I was best friends with this guy last year, and we spoke all the time about many things including some intimate stuff as well. He had a long term gf, but had admitted to liking me a little and feeling attracted towards me. He introduced to his roomate who became my bf for that year, but me and my old best friend still continued with our sweet relationship studying together, and just joking around. THe summer came and my bf broke up with me.. I called my best friend as soon as this happened and left a message saying how upset I was and I needed ot talk to him.. He never called me back. I even emailed a lot and he never responded back with more than a few words. I was closer to him than my ex bf was.. I couldn't figure our why he was turnign on me when I needed him the most. When the summer was over and school started up, I saw him in some of my classes and we spoke and cleared up miscommunications but things still weren't the same between us. He was less flirty, and less friendly towards me. I ignored it and still liked talking to him. BUt a few months later, he and I just stopped tlaking completely. He had invited me to join this organization he was in charge of. When I approached him about it he completely blew me off. I called a few times and spoke to his roomate who would just say he was busy and not to worry. I imed this guy all the time online and he never responded back to me once. He didn't answer aanything I sent him. I even asked one of his roomates about what was going on and he didn't want ot respond. I have no idea what happened between us. I gave after awhile of trying to get through to him but recently I tried once more just saying hi, and he signed off. I miss him terribly. We were very close and had a lot of fun together.

I don't understand what happened and why he is doing this to me now... And it hurts beyond belief. Nothign makes sense to me, he was fine one minute and then does everything to avoid me the next. Nothing happened to provoke this change. I didn't do anything to him. I want my friend back but I cant get through to him no matter what I do! It's not fair that he is doing this to me and for the life of me it just makes no sense!

I've been in similar situations as this guy, and Ive done the same thing. It's obvious he really really liked you and you really hurt him by only wanting to be friends and by having a different bf, especially his roomate. im sure he doesnt strongly dislike u now but he figures by not talking to u that he is sending a message that he doesnt wanna be friends and that he is independent. it is probably too late to start talking again at this point, all chemistry has been lost and things will be weird. Basically he won because he made the decision to stop communication, leaving you out of control. He feels good and manly about that, and theres nothing you can do. If you had been the one to stop talking to him, and to not make an effort for friendship, than hed be calling you wanting to talk to you. Im in a situation like this right now, and I play the exact part of your friend, or ex-friend. I am afraid he is right. Turning him down and going out with his roomate was horrific, how could you expect him to keep talking to you.

Oh no!! Im afraid I mislead you through my original post Trane. I never turned this guy down. He had a gf when I met him of 2 yrs back home. I always had a huge crush on him, but found out he had a gf and realized he loved her so backed off. I ended up becoming close with his roomate and we started going out.. I never stopped like this guy but I realized he loved his gf a lot and I rather be his good firends then try to do anything else. We would flirt a lot with each other, and he would start a lot of it...but we were just real close and alike in many ways.. I'm not sure if they are still going out anymore since he stopped talking to me..But I never turned him down.. I would understand that he wasn't talking to me if that were the case...