think he's lying

julietteromeo

Wow....what an exhausting first date.

Why is it not possible that he's telling the truth? What does he really have to gain by lying to you? Especially on a first date?

And you were grilling him? Why? What is it YOU want? I think you were both in the wrong. Him, for 'bragging' ...( notice ai didn't say lying, because I don't know that) and you for being nosey and grilling the poor guy.

First dates are supposed to be enjoyable...not a polygraph test.

Unfortunately, dear, you did not read the thread. Above I state I was polite through dinner and even went to have a drink with him following. It was not until two days later that I sent him a text expressing my concerns over the veracity of his claims - which I did because we were planning to go out again (tonight) and I was *hoping* he would fess up or it would be clarified as a misunderstanding.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately, dear, you did not read the thread. Above I state I was polite through dinner and even went to have a drink with him following. It was not until two days later that I sent him a text expressing my concerns over the veracity of his claims - which I did because we were planning to go out again (tonight) and I was *hoping* he would fess up or it would be clarified as a misunderstanding.

So --- he "fesses" up and tells you that for no reason, he spouted all of these fabrications.

Result: you don't go out with him (your choice hopefully)

He "clarifies" that in fact, it is all true and tells you in that there was no misunderstanding and he doesn't like being called a liar.

Result: he doesn't go out with you again. (his choice)

Wayyyy to much drama over a 2nd date that isn't going to happen regardless.

So --- he "fesses" up and tells you that for no reason, he spouted all of these fabrications.

Result: you don't go out with him (your choice hopefully)

He "clarifies" that in fact, it is all true and tells you in that there was no misunderstanding and he doesn't like being called a liar.

Result: he doesn't go out with you again. (his choice)

Wayyyy to much drama over a 2nd date that isn't going to happen regardless.

No actually if he said he was nervous and exaggerated I would have been relieved and thought it was cute. My words were "You were nervous and exaggerating, right?" But, thanks for telling me how each of us will respond to hypotheticals. You clearly can tell the future and should be at the corner store buying lotto tickets not online

No actually if he said he was nervous and exaggerated I would have been relieved and thought it was cute. My words were "You were nervous and exaggerating, right?" But, thanks for telling me how each of us will respond to hypotheticals. You clearly can tell the future and should be at the corner store buying lotto tickets not online

If "nervousness" causes someone to fabricate lies about people you never even met or asked about --- and you are able to find that "cute", you are going to be able to write a book from your dating experiences!!!!

So --- I take it you haven't heard from him?

I had a first meet with a pathological liar (confirmed because as it turns out he went out with another friend of mine and told her different lies). His lies were similar to what you are describing. My friend went out with him a number of times before figuring it out- he was attractive but I found him kind of boring (which is why I didn't go out with him again, mostly, but also found his stories incredible and of course then learned what he told my friend). I didn't see it as a big deal -it was only one first meet, it was pleasant enough, no harm no foul.

If "nervousness" causes someone to fabricate lies about people you never even met or asked about --- and you are able to find that "cute", you are going to be able to write a book from your dating experiences!!!!

So --- I take it you haven't heard from him?

Exactly. I envision a book those with much less active dating lives will sit home and read, no doubt FYI the reason I say it would be "cute" is because I have social anxiety sometimes so was projecting - hoping to explain and forgive, explain and forgive.

Also, what are you taking when you say "haven't heard from him" We texted everyday since the date. He wants to see me for dinner and 50 shades tonight (no doubt you're a fan) and wants to go to the shooting range and dinner on Saturday (he's ex military and I've never shot a gun before). I don't think I'm going to go because even if he is fun and exciting - he is trouble. He's hot though.....

I was actually thinking about your "novel to be":

Chapter 1. Hot male nurse

Chapter 2. Hot ex teacher

Chapter 3. Hot Tinder guy

And you aren't seven weeks into the New Year.

Girl, you are on a role!

And I have no clue whats going on in your love life, homegirl. Why are you so obsessed with me? Also add:

hot, hot, hot blue eyed, dark haired shy CNA at my job I want to f--- (but that doesn't mean I did).

'fraid that's the rest of us ...mhowe is in the elite group on here who are actually having a successful loving relationship .......

Question: if her relationship is so great why is she obsessing over my life on enotalone and spewing negativity. Happy people in love are usually nice as hell. Ever seen the girl who is a miserable c u next tuesday turn into Mother Theresa when her man puts a ring on it?

Question: if her relationship is so great why is she obsessing over my life on enotalone and spewing negativity. Happy people in love are usually nice as hell. Ever seen the girl who is a miserable c u next tuesday turn into Mother Theresa when her man puts a ring on it?

hahahaha highly doubt mhowe is obsessing about your love life.

i think she is more expressing your the verity over the last 7-8 weeks... you post, people reply. mhowe just has a good memory, also amazing thing technology is, you can have more than 1 window of enotalone open at once so you can refresh on previous posts.

That all being said, you met the dude on Tinder... i wont be surprised if what he is spewing is to just get into your pants and all sounds like a HUGE crock of crap of me. Plus, waaayyyyy to obsessed still with his ex-wife.

I generally read the previous threads of a poster to get an idea of the mindset of the poster.

Yours are very informative of your mindset.

There is no negativity....there is just a observation of your criteria. And "hot" seems to be your #1 adjective when describing the last three interests.

hahahaha highly doubt mhowe is obsessing about your love life.

i think she is more expressing your the verity over the last 7-8 weeks... you post, people reply. mhowe just has a good memory, also amazing thing technology is, you can have more than 1 window of enotalone open at once so you can refresh on previous posts.

That all being said, you met the dude on Tinder... i wont be surprised if what he is spewing is to just get into your pants and all sounds like a HUGE crock of crap of me. Plus, waaayyyyy to obsessed still with his ex-wife.

that's what I do when I'm a dope relationship. Go on enotalone and poke fun at those less successful. you betcha

I generally read the previous threads of a poster to get an idea of the mindset of the poster.

Yours are very informative of your mindset.

There is no negativity....there is just a observation of your criteria. And "hot" seems to be your #1 adjective when describing the last three interests.

shouldn't be you enjoying a moonlit sonata with your man somewhere not posting hate on my threads, homegirl

oh dear god is there any need to use that kind of language ...I don't need to stick up for mhowe , she can do that herself ....but if you actually read and understood what she is saying to you then you would see that she is spot on ..I have also read your other threads and the truth is you do follow a theme ....

There is no hate in my posts Juliet. I think your defensive reaction and misinterpretation is likely due to your own internal tapes and why you are seeking validation through Tinder hook ups.

Enjoy your movie date and shooting range excursion.

No I did not hook up with him. How can you say you're not hateful when you are twisting what I said to portray me as a negative female stereotype? Also, please, at your age if you were any good at relationships you'd be on your golden anniversary with two kids in Harvard. But you're not you're on enotalone.

Anyway I have better things to do then pay you any more attention. When I'm your age please shoot me if I'm still tangling with women half my age on the computer.

Archived