A few months ago, I quit my job at a fast food place. I quit because the manager there would not negotiate with my schedule and I was burnt out working 5 days a week and going to school 5 days a week.

Well two months ago the new manager (who used to be my coworker, she got a promotion) asked me to come back, promising they'd be flexible on the schedule. I came back and I'm starting to realize that was a lie.

They work me when I specifically ask off, they always have me cover people when no one can EVER cover me, and they have me working shifts I specified were ones I didn't want.

The schedule is never set in stone and changes like twice a week. I can hardly ever make plans because of this. In fact, i had to cancel my birthday party tonight because they had me come in.

The nail in the coffin today is that the weather in my state Is a snow/wind/chill emergency, with 50 mph winds and white out conditions, and the owner is still having me come in. In fact, I'm working with the owner because he can't make a fn schedule to save his life!!!

I am sick of being treated like this.

Archived