Hi I would like to thank everyone on eNotalone for their support. I was devastated when I first broke up with my EX. Talking to friends, going out to the gym, and helping others with their breakups have allowed me to move on.

I have realized that it was a good experience and it has surely made my life more complete knowing that I was able to get someone I longed for over 3 years. I can look back and say I had no regrets. This cowboy is ready to move on! Sure I may never be 100% healed but I came out stronger and more optimistic as ever. I am not bitter about the whole ordeal even though I tried to make it work. Atlas, it was her decision to break it off after two months that felt like a rollercoaster ride.

I realize that NC is my only option because it allows me to heal and discover myself. NC allows me to save my dignity because I liked her too much. She is a great person but in the end I have accepted the fact I would have been miserable in that relationship.

During this time I have met someone new so I'll keep you guys posted.

The same here. I am fortunate enough to found such a great community that helps other dealing with this problems.

When i was with my ex, i told her, if she would left me i wouldn't know what to do with my life. Well she did left me, and guess what? I'm still here, feeling alot better with each passing day. Ok there are things that i still need to change in myself (like being less of a loner), but since we broke up (less than 2 month) now im actually feeling better 8) And with a great help from this foruns.

I wont be over her 100% but at least i've realised that i moved out of a relation that wouldn't make me as happy as i would like.

This foruns are a great help, thanks alot.

PS: If any want to pass some nice vacations in Portugal, i can get you a room for free in Lisboa.

Guys, it is always nice to hear from you after the storm calmed down. You are an inspiration to others, to show them too, that there is Light at the end of this long dark and lonely tunnel.

Im happy you are feeling better, and putting your lives together again.

well the title says it all, to me after getting over my first serious relationship its not a matter of NC or talking everyone is different, You do what you need to do..I needed to know evertthing and found out.

So people out there it takes time a lot of time but it does happen no miracle NC will work you will heal when you are ready to heal.

I would have to say this new girl is great... I'm sure she is interested in me because my friend and her best friend are trying to hook things up. I saw her last night and I'm sure she is pretty interested in me. I've never seen her looking so good! I knew something was going on because she has a new hairstyle and wears makeup -- which she rarely puts on.

They say the best thing to get over someone is to find someone new. I'm sure these words heed well to my EX because she was the one who wanted to break up and basically told me it was ok to see other people. I think this really backfired in her face because she thought I was friendly enough to stick around. Instead I opted for NC and I found a girl 1 month after the breakup.

From my last relationship I have realized that my EX lost everything. Not only did she lose her only chance to be with a wonderful guy she's missing out on all the fun my group of friends are having. I have also realized that my EX wasn't fully into me. She never made the effort to make the relationship work and she really never gave us the chance to work things out.