What exactly do they message you after long NC?

staypositive1

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what are the typical nessages that an ex sends you after a long NC (4 months plus)?

It has been 4 months of NC for me and my ex has sent me message out of the blue just asking how I was and trying to have a general chit chat about life...is this how re-establishing contact works?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Yes and no.

Some send a few messages then disappear again for another four months.

Some want to be friends.

Some want to hook up.

Some want to get back together.

Do you want to reestablish contact? Think about what you want and what you can handle before you open this door.

Many do that out of curiosity and UNLESS it is to want to get back together, it's meaningless. Called 'breadcrumbs'. Little nothings.

So, up to you if you want to take that chance on getting hurt.. again, as mentioned. Might be best to not reply.

I had an Ex do that.. after almost a year apart. He chose to walk away/cheat, etc.

He tried about 2-3 times over 2-3 mos. I never replied.. he finally left me alone. I knew I was worth more than that.

Recent ex reached out to me after 2 months of no contact, he sent an apology text. We have been low contact since, and in recent weeks almost daily. Not sure what it all means, but I am in a good place with myself and healing and with everything else now. We are meeting in the next week or so to speak in person.

Archived