What did you do when you were intoxicated?

I'm not a heavy drinker but on occasion (once or twice a month) I do fancy a 'big' night.

However...hangovers are the least of my worries as I tend to do stupid things, such as contact the ex, send a barrage of text messages, apologise repeatedly (no idea why), look at old pictures & cry, etc.

Well I don't do those things anymore when I make myself inebriated now I'm over her, besides the sporadic thought now & then.

But I'm sort of curious as to what insanely idiotic & dignity smashing things have you done, specifically in regards to the ex? If you write it here, looking back it might be kind of funny reading it now. Might liven this section up.

What I did once, almost a year ago: I called her 42 times, sent 7 text messages & called up the guy she left me for asking him questions I don't even remember. I stopped when she threatened to call the police. Eh, that was a bad night. But I'm laughing about it now.

So what did y'all do?

Yikes lol

I am glad you got over her. I could just have two glasses of wine and would be ready to text something. It is not until I feel like I am being ignored that I would start contacting repeatedly. I haven't done that in years...while typsy. Sad to say, I can do that just on a night I am angry. I am getting waaaay better now. Great, fun question you asked

This is over 30 years ago... party at my apartment, I recognized I was hammered and left the table a d just kind of put myself to bed without saYing anything to my friends. My then bf worried about me and called after me. So, I got out of bed and walked back into the dining room, where guests were gathered around the table playing some drinking game. Others were in the living room as well. All good, right? Except I was as naked as the day I was born, and not the slightest bit thoughtful of it. Oops!

Me and an ex had been fighting all day long. By the time we hit the party I was a seething mass of rage and started knocking back shots to "forget about him." That's when I discovered that for me, alcohol is a mood enhancer--i.e. whatever I'm feeling before I start drinking the alcohol will just ramp it up. After watching him flirt with several girls at the party and ignore me, I had a friend drive me home. I then proceeded to grab the alarm clock off our bedside table, have my friend drive me back to the party--although bless her, she tried to refuse--storm in and then proceeded to loudly tell everyone there how hard it was to get him up in the morning, how he slep through the alarm each and every time then yelled at me when he was late for work. After that I yelled at him, "I am not a clock, this is a clock," and proceeded to lob it at his head in a move that would've made a major league baseball pitcher proud. Fortunatley, he ducked although it pulverized the alarm clock and made a dent in the poor host's wall. After that I told him I was done waking him up and some other girl could have the job then proceeded to stumble over to a nearby couch and pass out. Yeah, I know, really classy.

Never touched a drop of alcohol when I was mad again. And sad to say I took him back a month later, much to my future regret.

That is a very, very funny story. Curious if the two of you are still together, & why you went back, did he become punctual?

I was actually looking for zany stories regarding exes, when not in a relationship but in attempting to get over them where one night of drinking too much does damage to more than just your liver. Like that time I was NC 2 months in, got drunk & messed things up & had to start over.

Well, we were in the middle of a breakup at the time. It was sort of dragging out, so we were still living together. (Not recommended). No, we are not together. He was my first serious relationship, he was emotionally abusive and he finally turned physically abusive at which time I left him. That was over 30 years ago.

I did have another incident years later when a guy I'd dated for five months broke up with me to see another girl. I was upset, but I think it was mostly that my ego was bruised more than anything. I was then out with my office a week later celebrating a big job and got a bit tipsy on the wine--okay, hammered. Like I said, alcohol is a mood enhancer for me, so I was dance on the bar happy that night. He walked in with a date, I saw him, and proceeded to race over and be overly effusively nice and giggly to both of them going so far as to tell the girl what a catch he was and even though he'd broken up with me it didn't mean things wouldn't work out with her. At the time in my drunken state I really had this idea that by being "pleasant" (okay, scary frantic happy) he might see me in a new light and give me another chance. They both left before the menus came, at the time I was like, "Huh, what's their problem?" then wandered back to my table. Next day I wake to a monster hangover and a text from him, "Please, if you see me in public DON'T talk to me. Ever again."

Yeah, I blew it with that one. And my office mates teased me mercilessly about it for a solid month after.

Your stories are hilarious. Can't believe you approached them.

Did you ever see him in public again? Did you have a laugh about it then like you did now?

Alcohol is a depressant but some get excessively exuberant when they get wasted. Suprised your workmates didn't stop you.

Thank god I only get drunk with friends now.

Did you ever see him in public again? Did you have a laugh about it then like you did now?

Not face-to-face, I saw him once at an event and I ducked into the women's bathroom and stayed there for a half hour before sidling out to make sure he was gone. I didn't laugh at all about it at the time, I was mortified. I still cringe a bit now when I think about it although it is sort of funny too. My workmates were on the other side of the restaurant and unaware of what had happened until after I came back to the table and told them all about it--thank heavens!

Like I said alcohol has the effect of being a mood enhancer with me. I recently went to a wine-tasting event with friends. I was mellow and relaxed and as the day and the wine flowed I just got mellower and quiet. If I had been either uber-up or down I would have passed, I have a few embarrassing moments in my life and enough involved alcohol for me to decide I need to watch it around the stuff anyways.

Archived