I'm having a hard time dealing with everything in my life.

nfperception

I believe in God, but I can't help but think what would have happened to me on Saturday.

My cousin and her boyfriend got into an accident that left two of her fingers broken.

I was supposed to be there in that automobile, but didn't at the last minute.

I have had so many other things happen in my life, and now this...

I have had so many other things happen in my life, and now this...

Now what? Isn't it positive that you didn't get in the car? I'm not sure what there is to be upset about?

I also think that while two broken fingers is better than no broken fingers, it's a whole lot better than two broken legs. So I'd say you all have something to be happy about.

Now what? Isn't it positive that you didn't get in the car? I'm not sure what there is to be upset about?

I also think that while two broken fingers is better than no broken fingers, it's a whole lot better than two broken legs. So I'd say you all have something to be happy about.

I just didn't see it that way. Thank you for showing me the positive side of it, but the fact that it was an accident, and I was supposed to be there...

I think that life gets easier when we look at what IS, rather than what might have been. The situation is that you are perfectly OK, not having had an accident on Saturday. That's great.

Your cousin got into an accident that left her with two broken fingers, and without wishing to dismiss the pain and inconvenience of small fractures, that's all. People get killed in car crashes, but all she had to show for it was two broken fingers. She's a lucky girl.

If we look at what might have happened if we'd done such-and-such, if it's positive in the sense that we've missed out, it makes us bitter and resentful. If we've escaped some kind of danger, it can make us fearful or even guilty. None of these emotions are useful when they're related to something that hasn't happened.

At the moment you are having a hard time dealing with things which haven't actually happened. If you just look at the events which are reality, and in the here and now, everything will seem much more manageable, I promise!

I just didn't see it that way. Thank you for showing me the positive side of it, but the fact that it was an accident, and I was supposed to be there...

There is no "supposed to be there." That exists only in your mind. The fact is that you weren't there. So wouldn't it make sense to celebrate that?

If you're having a hard time dealing with everything in your life, perhaps it's because of your viewpoint. If you're only seeing the negative, then your life will probably be hard to deal with, yes.

Archived