I'm still a little bit ambivalent about my decision to stay in this relationship

LauR1324

Can a woman forgive a man that cheated on them once and was drunk? Is the fact that I was young (17 years old) and naive, and did not take this relationship serious gives me a reason to forgive him. He did not have the courage to tell me until we were 3 years into our relationship. He said that it happened within the first year of our relationship and the girl and him never talked about the occurrence after it happened. The same guy that has screamed at me and he claimed that I was constantly putting him down by making it seem like I I was better than him. Yes, I was better than him because I never cheated on him, my feelings for him were innocent and sincere. Do I deserve him? DO I deserve an immature man that despite being older than me behaved like a stupid child? That not until I broke up with him has completely changed to become a better and mature man. The fact that he cheated on me once, has not lowered my self esteem because I know my worth. The day I broke up with him he thought about suicide, I was taking his life with me by walking away from the relationship; I was the reason that kept him alive. He begged me for a year and I made the decision to forgive him. I forgave him because I knew he was not a bad boyfriend. He was always there when I was sick with medications, warm soup, and vapor rub. He brought me a serenade when I least expected it. He has been helping me financially ever since I entered college. That immature child has grown to a man that I see myself committing to 100% now. I'm not perfect either I have flaws, as well. This relationship has blossom and continues to blossom to something greater. The man that was always there when I got sick is now here anytime of the day and everyday. However, I sometimes question whether it was best if I had walked away forever. But, I would leave a man that has finally become my masterpiece, the type of man that from now on will show me 100% commitment and will lavish me with love for the years remaining in our lives.

You have a twist apprehension of what a relationship is.

he claimed that I was constantly putting him down by making it seem like I I was better than him. Yes, I was better than him because I never cheated on him

If I understood it correctly, at the time you didn't know that he cheated on you yet you behaved as if you're a God's gift to him. There's no room for arrogance in the relationship, you are EQUAL!

The day I broke up with him he thought about suicide, I was taking his life with me by walking away from the relationship; I was the reason that kept him alive.

This is such a sick thing to say... you are proud you were "taking his life with" you. What is wrong with you?

But, I would leave a man that has finally become my masterpiece, the type of man that from now on will show me 100% commitment and will lavish me with love for the years remaining in our lives.

Your masterpiece??? He's a PERSON not a puppet that lives to serve you!!! You do not deserve the man he became with that superior attitude. I always condone cheating, it's my hard limit, but in this case his transgressions is a much smaller "crime" compared to the way you behave.

How old are you two?

Archived