we kissed, he hasn't called, i emailed

I kissed this guy at the end of the evening on New Year's Eve (Friday), after he was paying attention to me all night...and he hasn't called since. In my eyes, it was an amazing kiss that lasted about 5 seconds...it distracted me all weekend...everyone at the party told me it was pretty clear this guy was interested in me...but is it possible that he just wasn't as affected? Or that he didn't enjoy the kiss? He wasn't exactly fighting to get away, but he didn't quite melt in my arms, either.

I emailed him last night...just a casual "I had a great night with you Friday hey I'm tihnking of going to this concert, want to go with me?" It's only been a day but there's been no response.

Now I'm wondering if maybe he was put off by me being too aggressive.

I met this guy a couple of weeks ago at a friend's house and gave him my card because I got a good vibe from him. He ended up coming to a NYE party my roommate and I invited him to. He hung around with me all night...making excuses to be alone with me...kissing me at the stroke of 12, twice... although we mostly hugged and kissed each other on the cheek through the night, I was bold and kissed him after we went to another party together and he walked me home.

I had drank quite a bit and was stumbling a little but my mental faculties were ok. Friends say, maybe he was just being a gentleman because he knew I was a bit impaired. We don't know each other well but I feel like there's a lot of potential, and he remembered little details about me from the first time we met. He'd do things like pull the hair away from around my neck, massage my feet...

Friends also tell me I'm smart and creative and beautiful and how could he now want me...?

But now I'm afraid I blew it, and it started off so well. What to do?!

hi how are you? Well I got kissed last night and I haven't called yet. I am afraid I'd be seen as a needy kind of a guy, scared to show too much interest in someone I love so much ! Stupid but that is what's in my mind. I think I will be a Man and Call!!

Dunno if I helped?

Thanks GreatGuy! You helped...again...(I think you posted to another posting I had, about my verbally abusive ex). Glad to see we are both moving on from our exes. Yes, if you like her, you should call her, especially because SHE had the guts to kiss YOU. I did it on a whim, and he was responsive, but now I'm hanging, wondering if he really likes me or if there is something else going on.Especially because there are some posts that say guys don't like the girls making too much effort.

Thanks GreatGuy! You helped...again...(I think you posted to another posting I had, about my verbally abusive ex). Glad to see we are both moving on from our exes. Yes, if you like her, you should call her, especially because SHE had the guts to kiss YOU. I did it on a whim, and he was responsive, but now I'm hanging, wondering if he really likes me or if there is something else going on.Especially because there are some posts that say guys don't like the girls making too much effort.

You sound like you really like this guy! He needs to find the guts to call you and let what may be ....welll...eheheh....just be(sorry couldn't get my words straight I know he is thinking about you at the moment and wondering if you kissed him only because it was nyear, and that maybe a girl like you wouldnt want a guy like him. Forget what everyone is saying(eheh...including myself) and go with what your heart is saying. You have nothing to lose. You sound like a decent girl (what is decency ) and you deserve the best!

Hope it all works out....in the end it will!

ps: im at work and will call her as soon as i get home(she is leaving for a week).