Anything for a time machine

JGintheOC

Fear. It’s a strong force in a person’s life. So is love. According to some websites:

Fear helps protect us. It makes us alert to danger and prepares us to deal with it. Feeling afraid is very natural – and helpful – in some situations. Fear can be like a warning, a signal that cautions us to be careful. Sometimes fear holds us back. It prevents us from pursuing things that we are passionate about in life because we do not want rejection or the worst possible outcome to happen. Because if it did, it would hurt…and feeling emotional pain is unbearable.

Time flies. It was only yesterday when I first moved to Southern California from the bay area. It was only yesterday when I first moved to Southern California from the bay area. I was around 6 years old and the move had no negative impact on me. In fact I was very excited and very impressionable. I remember back then everything was exciting and I lived life full of passion and spirit. Now? What now? As we get older life seems to get harder. It DOESget harder. You encounter jerks, mean girls, people with attitudes (all unwarranted) every day. Why? Why are people in such bad moods all the time and then take it out on everyone else? Are they unhappy with their lives? Rather than complaining, they should change it. I guess that could go for me as well. Here I am ranting about people who do the same thing I am doing right now but on a much wider scale.

Despite the s of the world, I do come accross those that have changed my life. Those are the people that I’ll never forget. I hold onto the memories of them and I cannot help but smile at everything I still miss. Everything I’ll always miss. If I had the opportunity, I’d gladly give up everything for a time machine. Maybe to change things…or maybe to just relive one more time, those moments…that I hold most dear. People I hold most dear. I think I’m rambling.

I guess my question is, do you often wish for a time machine? If you got one, would you go back in time?

I would.

I sometimes wish for a time machine too but for different reasons, mostly regret. What stops me from thinking about it too much is knowing: 1.) going back in time may not change something that happened, 2.) even if you could change something, that would change all your future choices and you wouldn't recognize your life anymore, and 3.) there is no perfect way to go about life. There was actually a movie called "About Time" that dealt with time travel. As convenient as it would be able to do that, the moral of the story was that we should be enjoying life as it comes and keeping a positive attitude about life, rather than jumping back into a closet and change things just because we didn't like how something turned out. Even the main character found out that he couldn't change everything.

Actually haha I wouldn't mind being able to time travel except I'd only want to be able to jump back in time 24 hours. Seems like most decisions we regret happen within a day. It would be convenient In the process I would probably find that simple things like buying the wrong coffee has no effect on how your day turns out.

Time flies. It was only yesterday when I first moved to Southern California from the bay area. I was around 6 years old and the move had no negative impact on me. In fact I was very excited and very impressionable. I remember back then everything was exciting and I lived life full of passion and spirit. Now? What now? As we get older life seems to get harder. It DOESget harder. You encounter jerks, mean girls, people with attitudes (all unwarranted) every day. Why? Why are people in such bad moods all the time and then take it out on everyone else? Are they unhappy with their lives? Rather than complaining, they should change it. I guess that could go for me as well. Here I am ranting about people who do the same thing I am doing right now but on a much wider scale.

Unfortunately everyone runs into jerks, mean people, bad attitudes, etc. no matter where we live and no matter where we go in life. You can't do anything how they act, just how you choose to treat them.

I just have alot of regret like alot of people. It sucks feeling like a failure. I know its all in perception but still, I want to change end results.

I know in about 5-10 years it won't matter but I wish I had one. Not to get rich or anything but to change choices. Or to go back in time when I was 15 (pivotal point for me) and change my own perception back then.

Archived