liar, liar, how can I live with one?

Kattie

To answer some outstanding questions:

- I retire next year, and will reassess my life, then. I hope to make many changes.

- We adopted 2 (other) children in my mid 40's.

- My health is not too great. Bad heart, diabetes - very thin and fit and a careful eater. It can happen to anyone.

- Husband has improved markedly on the abuse front, and I have learned to let go of my resentment toward him. I cannot even remember the last argument between us.

- Does he manipulate and bend the truth to satisfy his impulses. Most definitely. It drives me nuts and affects my trust.

- Finances were always joint because of estate laws. If we split it would all get divided in 2 anyway.

I would like to break the money apart at some point. I feel that would work better for me. Seems awkward though.

I need to get tough, and not let him pull this crap on me. I will advertise a telescope this week, along with other crap that he doesn't need or use. I guess treating men as babies can be part of the job!

- Husband has improved markedly on the abuse front, and I have learned to let go of my resentment toward him. I cannot even remember the last argument between us.

...I need to get tough, and not let him pull this crap on me. I will advertise a telescope this week, along with other crap that he doesn't need or use. I guess treating men as babies can be part of the job!

Kattie, it sounds like you are resentful, still. Or perhaps scornful. In any event, it sounds disrespectful on both sides.

- Finances were always joint because of estate laws. If we split it would all get divided in 2 anyway.

I don't understand the logic. Does this mean that it was set up this way because one of you wanted more assets than you've contributed to the marriage?

I would like to break the money apart at some point. I feel that would work better for me. Seems awkward though.

It's already awkward.

- I retire next year, and will reassess my life, then. I hope to make many changes.

Reassess your life now, don't put your head in the sand, look at the big picture while you still have a job. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.

Archived