Is this all really worth it?

sadfaceboo

Iv been following this forum for a while and have recieved great support and comfort from posting here and reading posts.

I myself am going a horrible raw heartbreak and it's slowly becoming unbearable the more iv heard about him being ok and moved on.

I'm thinking here - is it really worth it? This is the second relationship iv been dumped in, and by far this love I had was so strong, right now it feels like I couldn't see any light.

But I cannot imagine going through this sort of pain again? Maybe I love too much because I seem to always give it my all and end up getting walked on or being dumped. Love is so blind!

I just can't see how this pain is worth falling for someone again...

You love too much because you are using a relationship as a form of validation. Generally "loving too much" is a sign of low self esteem and poor boundary

issues. And hence, the other person gets lazy and walks all over you.

Love is not blind. Infatuation is blind. Love is about respect --- for yourself and the other person.

And is real love worth it --- it is the finest thing on the planet.

Love is not blind. Infatuation is blind. Love is about respect --- for yourself and the other person.

So, so true.

Real love is also worth going through this sort of pain. It allows you to learn about what you should/shouldn't do and what you do/don't want. The pain is all a learning process. Some people find real love early on, some find it later, but no matter when it comes around, it is so worth all the heartache before. You'll see that in time.

You love too much because you are using a relationship as a form of validation. Generally "loving too much" is a sign of low self esteem and poor boundary

issues. And hence, the other person gets lazy and walks all over you.

Damn, Mhowe, really love your posts.

Straight to the point.

Listen to the lady with the red flower and first learn to love yourself and not to rely on others for your happiness. Then, you will see what real love is.

"Loving too much" is not the issue, the issue is to learn HOW to love and not to lose yourself because you rely on him in order to define WHO you are. You give someone ABSOLUTE power over yourself and this person well... Simply uses it. That's not love, that's slavery.

Montesquieu once wrote : "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Same goes for a relationship.

Archived