How to deal with someone who has commitment issues?

Slow Club

Just continue to make her happy, thats really all you can do. I was in your shoes once until it got annoying and i stopped talking to her. She ended up crying for me back. I dont recommend this, but i have always thought, i didnt break your trust - so i shouldnt pay for it - and you shouldnt bunch me in with every other guy you have had, thats demeaning to me and the time we spend together.

I was in a similar situation once. A friend of mine and I had been talking for about four months and we both really enjoyed each other's company and conversations. However when we both admitted to having feelings for each other, I always felt there was something off. I thought that because he said he liked me as well, it would just naturally progress into a relationship.

He was never my boyfriend, I was never his girlfriend, but sometimes we'd treat each other that way. After a while he began to become distant and I'd try to ask him about it, but he'd always shrug it off saying he was busy with school and work. After 1.5 years, I had enough. We were "friends" but acted like a couple. I felt like it wasn't enough and I didn't want to stick around anymore, so things ended. At first I was fine without a label because I thought things would progress, but I should've stopped when I knew something was off.

My advice is don't torture yourself. You can be friends, but that's it. Don't do anything romantic, don't profess your feelings, don't expect anything, and date other people. It seems like a good idea now but you'll be hurt in the end when you've invested more than she does and you'll get crushed when she says there was never anything in the first place

If she is scared to commit, I wouldn't tell her that labels are meaningless,

For myself, when I date someone who I really like, the last thing I want to hear is "let's not go putting labels on it." When a man says this to me, my impression is that I am just "Mrs. Right NOW" to him.

Why are we afraid of commitment? We don't want to get hurt. Thus, I would focus on giving her reassurance that you are serious about her - not the opposite.

Good luck to you!

If she is scared to commit, I wouldn't tell her that labels are meaningless,

For myself, when I date someone who I really like, the last thing I want to hear is "let's not go putting labels on it." When a man says this to me, my impression is that I am just "Mrs. Right NOW" to him.

Why are we afraid of commitment? We don't want to get hurt. Thus, I would focus on giving her reassurance that you are serious about her - not the opposite.

Good luck to you!

Yeah, I can sympathise with that point.

However, she doesn't want necessarily want serious. She doesn't really like pressure and a serious relationship can be quite a lot of pressure.

I think I'm just gonna take things really slowly with her.

There's always so many negative comments here that I can imagine really put people down.

Some people are able to say what they mean. Meaning is subjective and to say that those phrases always mean "not you" is delusional.

Quite frankly, it makes you sound bitter.

(can't believe I just replied...must be bored)

Archived