Really depressed

goodheartlady

Lol. Unfortunately this is all 1000% true. Dating in NYC blows big time.

Well, i have my issues too. I didnt duck all these women unharmed - it did take a toll, so im sure there are women in nyc who put me on their list too (sometimes i behaved like a different person, i look back and im like "whyyy did i act like that for?????"). Its a huge city with a lot of people that prides itself on big, more, and fast - its either hold on, or follow along.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey thanks for your advise. I am just being realistic - men tend to want to date younger women. I have to date up : men in their 40's and 50's. I doubt anyone younger than me would have a serious interest in me.

I have no complaints - if I were a man, I would do the same thing (ie prefer younger women.)

not anymore. younger guys have tended to want serious relationships with me more often than older ones. some lasted for years... - 2-5 years younger work best (after the second or third month the gap is barely noticeable). I have a guy friend who's getting married, he's 26, she's 31, and they've been together for the last 5 years. at first there was some work to do from both sides, but they have grown so much together it's beautiful just to watch them be. besides, really, I wouldn't date 20yo me if it would make me rich! d4mn, I was a nutjob then! girls get more emotionally stable as they mature. and really, men are so jaded nowadays, treated like kids even when they're fairly well into their 30's - come on, not so far in the past these same individuals held all the power positions in the world, it's not like they can never know what they're doing. we've been excusing lame behaviour for way too long, that's just it. grown ups should be grown ups, period.

and I agree with other posters, older guys more often than not treat you like a snack (I gave up dating guys on their 40's+ because of that. that, and the fact that some of them are already grampas - I can barely handle fathers o.O)

p.s.: "have"? girl, it's completely your choice. as long as he's legal

Hey thanks for your advise. I am just being realistic - men tend to want to date younger women. I have to date up : men in their 40's and 50's. I doubt anyone younger than me would have a serious interest in me.

I have no complaints - if I were a man, I would do the same thing (ie prefer younger women.)

My husband is 3 months younger than me and the woman he was involved with before me was over a year older than him (we reconnected when we were 38). My serious relationship before my husband was my age (2 months younger) -we met when we were 31. My good friend -a guy- met his wife on line and he is 1-2 years older than she is -I believe they married in their early 30s. Many more examples like that.

Archived