How do I approach--I'm horrible at this stuff

yo people,

OK down to the nitty gritty, I am shy and have low self confidence when it comes to girls. Last time I asked out a girl I was sick to my stomach. Then the asking part went well but the talking and socialization part was horrible. It was a VERY VERY bad relationship if you can even call it that. I want to ask out a girl now, but again have low self confidence. Should I get to know her first then ask her out, ask her out first or what? What strategies or techniques should i use so i don't completely embarrass myself or just get completely rejected?

~Mr. Lowselfconfidence

I'd say get to know her by making smalltalk at some given situation. I somehow manage to make a lot of girls as friends by making jokes during class, as pretty much anyone can warm up to a smile and a joke that makes you laugh. Don't look at the ground, or her boobs, just her eyes, and you'll (probably) be fine, for the most part.

Sheesh, I'm sleepy.

If you think about it, shyness only becomes worse when you let it. Next time you see this girl alone or whatever.. go up to her and ask her out on impulse - don't think twice about it because once you do, the tension only amplifies. Easier said than done but you can do it if you believe in yourself.

What i always do is to take 2 deep breath. Breath in, breath out... Then you'll be more calm. How your voice sounds will project to the girl if you're nervous or not. So if you're relaxed, you'll be more likely to be more calm, and able to convey the message you want her to hear. Hope it helped.

definitely get to know her first...... start off just as becoming friends....... i very recently realized that's a better thing to do in a situation like yours.... i have a very simmilar experience in that area! i just decided to hang out with her and become friends.... then when i feel comfortable i'm going to ask her ouut....