For those of you who do not know what's going on, follow this link if you feel like it to understand where i'm at.

link removed

Well...what can I say except that I took my own advice that i've given to others on this forum and it worked remarkably well.

As of my last post I told everyone that I was trying to move on. I met 2 really cool girls that I think I could be great friends with. I still occasionally talked to my ex, but didn't get into details of my new life and what I was up to. Basically i was being distant with her and just showing her that I can move on in life without her (which I can). I let it be known through our social circle of friends that I hit the dating scene again.

I'm sure word got around to my ex, and sure enough she wrote me an email stating what she's always said in the past; that she still loves me and she wants to be with me. I basically told her that I don't believe a word she says anymore because she's been doing this to me for over a month now and that I've met new girls that not only want to be with me, but don't play games with my head. I told her that if she wants me to believe that she truly does love me, she would show me and leave all the BS that she's been trying to feed me through phone convo's and emails.

To make a long story short, we had many conversations about our feelings and our future together and apart. She started being the sweet, caring person I knew she was inside, and basically told me she was confused and scared previously because she didn't want me to hurt her (which I can understand).

We've decided to work things out again and this time around I think our relationship will be great!

It just goes to show how most women think in that little confusing head of theirs. Don't be so clingy, show them you can move on, show them that your life will be just as good without them in it, and if they truly love you, they will come around.

Good luck to everyone on this board!

Hi

I'm glad the both of you had worked out together. However, my advice to you would be to sort out the problems you had with her in the relationship during the broke up period. If these problems aren't sorted out, then the problems from the past will reappear again and you will be hurt once again!

Remember to sort out all the problems before. If can't, then you should make the decision to move on with someone else.

Take my words from the experiences I've been through.

8)

thanks for the advice. We are in the process of sorting out the issues we've had before.

I think the time we've had apart has really helped us to take a step back and view our entire relationship from a 3rd perspective. We are not jumping into any sort of commitment quite yet. She still lives in the condo we shared, and eventually I will move back in there when we both decide the time is right.

You are right though, jumping into anything at this point would not be a good idea because the issues we've had in the past will reappear. we have made leaps and bounds towards solving the problems we've had before. Hopefully this time it will work out. If we are able to resolve our issues (which I believe we will), I do see myself marrying this women.