Too attached and needy with best friend...could I have feelings for her?

My best friend of 10 years and I were always extremely close. However, lately, due to a range of issues, we've drifted apart.

She's not as close to me as she used to be, is emotionally distant and doesn't speak to me all the time. Sometimes I feel like when she does speak to me, it's only because she's obligated to do so - not because she actually wants to.

I even sense the disinterest on her part when she does speak to me. The problem is - it's killing me. I cry everytime she's this distant and when she doesn't speak to me at all.

It hurts that I have to make the effort to initiate contact sometimes because she hardly bothers anymore - granted, she's busy. But she straight out ignores me on chat sometimes and speaks to other people - and that hurts the most. The problem is - why is it getting to me this much? Whenever she does this or is distant, I cry, am an emotional wreck and it disrupts my functioning.

However, when she is normal with me, I don't really care after that and I feel secure and don't behave and feel as needily as I do when she's emotionally distant.

Could me being needy and spiralling out of control, mean I may be in love with her? I am attracted to her physically but that's because she is That pretty. What does my extreme attachment to her mean and how do I stop being so needy?

Archived