well this probally sounds a bit stupid, I just feel like posting this, I spent the last week getting everything ready for my gf to come over today, like clean up tho whole house, dinner arrangments, rides etc... I cancelled some stuff well n e ways, at the last minute, she called me up and said she couldnt make it. so later on msn she told me, her dad wants to meet me before she comes over, which I understand, but why couldnt he have decided this earlier, Im not mad a guess, just sad, I was looking forward to spending some time together, considering we never get too, just at school with 30 other friends around, oh well. (ps, apparently I shouldnt be looking forward to meeting her dad, Im prolly gonna get a really good talk)

lmao @ dads and there daughters, put it this way, he will drill you and give you a spanish inquisition (ask lotssss of questions), all you have to do is honestly be yourself and you will be fine then she will be all yours, yo at least he isnt making her break up with you, think positive homie

Zab

sorry to hear about your plans being broken

just remember to stay relaxed about meeting the folks, it can be really terrible, or it can be really easy(the easiest parent meeting I ever had was a "how old am I? do you have enough gas in your car? and a handshake?" a weird mix of questions, but that was it)

just try to relax and be yourself

Ya, like I said, I completely understand why he is doing it, but, why did he have to wait right when I was on my way to pick her up to say that? Also, I am a good kid, I dont get into any serious trouble, And i completely respect my gf, Im not going to do anything, but the problem is, I apparently look like the stereotypical jock, everybody says "I look liek a player"???? , my friends told me awhile ago, if her dad looks at me, hes going to hate me that second? so im thinkin, maybe the first time I meet him, I should wear my glasses and not gel my hair and try to look like a geek, so he doesnt feel threatened, I think if he gets a chance to meet me, he will liek me, from what she says, me and him are alike, cars tools, tho whole garge thing, dirtbikes, hes on the police committee, I wanna be a cop, so Im just goin to try and act very very polite and see how it goes.

I apparently look like the stereotypical jock, everybody says "I look liek a player"???? , my friends told me awhile ago, if her dad looks at me, hes going to hate me that second? so im thinkin, maybe the first time I meet him, I should wear my glasses and not gel my hair and try to look like a geek, so he doesnt feel threatened

ok, speaking as a parent...there is no way a girl's father is going to feel "threatened" by a teenager's looks.

I'd actually get rather pissed off if a person my daughter dated tried to alter how he looked and how he acted just to meet me...the whole reason he wants to meet you is to know who his daughter is dating....the REAL person she is dating...

if you alter your appreance or mannerism in any way shape or form, and he finds out about it...you will lose any respect he has for you and more than likely, your GF will be forced to break up with you...because you will look like you are hiding something. Ever hear the saying "a wolf in sheep's clothing"?

go there, and be yourself...in every sense of the word...if you really are as good of a guy as you claim to be, he will respect you.