Working on thanksgiving

Mb1212

So I work in a busy restuarant and we get very busy on thanksgiving and holidays and are open 8am-8pm. Today on the board it said "NO ONE HAS THANKSGIVING OFF" but yet we don't get holiday pay. All of my last jobs we got holiday pay or we were closed. I'm obviously very annoyed I have to work on thanksgiving but I'm just curious if anyone else has employers like this?

So I work in a busy restuarant and we get very busy on thanksgiving and holidays and are open 8am-8pm. Today on the board it said "NO ONE HAS THANKSGIVING OFF" but yet we don't get holiday pay. All of my last jobs we got holiday pay or we were closed. I'm obviously very annoyed I have to work on thanksgiving but I'm just curious if anyone else has employers like this?

I used to work at a movie theater, and we only got holiday pay for Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, and one other one (can't remember off the top of my head). It always kind of sucked, especially on crazy busy days like the Fourth of July. At least you get good tips on Thanksgiving

Archived