I'm starting to believe that "Nice Guys finish last&quo

I dont know why but it just seems like no matter how nice you are you always end up screwed one way or another.

Pretty much all my life I have always been a generally nice person, atleast to the sense that I dont judge a person. Whenever I see someone getting picked on I usually feel bad weather or not I show it on the outside or do soemthing about it, inside it just makes me feel bad.

But anyways I'm pretty much an unselfish guy, I tend to rather see other people happy before myself. I get picked on quite a bit and it's all do to the fact that I'm a nice person. It's not like I get made fun of or anything like that or am an outsider to people but I just seem to always get manipulated by people. They see me as a nice person and just use me to their advantage.

Like when I first got my job at a factory, I worked in one place for 5 months making car seats for the Toyota Corolla and then all of a sudden just as I was finally getting comftorable where I was working they pulled me off that line and stuck me in a new area that I was unfamiliar with. They told me it was all part of some cross training thing they were doing at my work place and that it was only going to be for a short time.

Well anyways they said that like 5-6 months ago, and I started to feel like they lied to me in the first place because no one in my old department got moved except me. Well for the first few weeks I really hated the spot they put me in, the people were kool but the work was totally new to me and also they would tend to have alot of Overtime where as in my old spot they usually always got out on time which was one thing I really liked since I hated Overtime lol.

Anyways finally after awhile I started to realize that I was probably gonna be here for good and started to get to know my area and start learning other jobs in that cell. I finally started to accept my new position and the overtime.

Ok now back to the "Nice Guy" part. Because I was new to that area I wanted to make atleast a good impression so that I could show that I could learn a new area with very little training. So generally I would do whatever I was told because I didnt want to get fired. For the longest time I accepted that I would have to take alot of orders from my team leader. But as time went by I started realizing that I was always the only one having to do all this extra work. Like for instance there would be some good nights where I would finish up my work on time and my team leader would make me stay Overtime to help someone that wasnt yet finished, but whenever someone else would finish their work and I would have Overtime he would just let them go. I was finally starting to realize that I was being manipulated and it was totally unfair to me.

Now get this, a month ago they said I was going back to Corolla, which is where I started when I first got hired, so then I went back to Corolla for the first week and then they told me I was going back to where I was for the past 4-5months and someone else from our department was going to Corolla. Then in the 3rd week they brought me back to Corolla for that week. What made me most mad about this was that in that 3rd week where I was working in Corolla the department that I worked in for the past 4-5 months had to come in on a Saturday morning and Corolla didnt and they told me that I had to come in Saturday because I was technically suppose to be in that department even though for the past 2 weeks now I have been doing nothing but working in Corolla.

God I just feel like because I'm such a good person everyone I know wants to manipulate me. Nothing ever seems to be for me from anyone they just always want and never give. I cant make any real friends anymore because I just have such little faith in humans. Like I know I'm a pretty interesting guy, there are so many things I like that are great conversation tools the problem is I just dont let people get close to me because I always feel their going to hurt me because I'm so nice

Anyways not that anyone really cares what I have to say but I just felt I needed to get it off my chest. I hate believing that stereotype about Nice guys but I deffinetly fit that stereotype.

Ya i believe that nice guys finish last because i am one.I am extremely nice to people.Although my friends are mean sometimes i barely have any,girls tease me for how unattractive i am,no girlfriend,and people are just plain mean to me.My best friend has been avoiding me and being a jerk.He hasnt paid me back my 60 bucks i loaned him like 9 months ago.I feel exactly the same as you man.We do not get what we deserve.I am bi-polar and have family problems.So many problems come with being nice and it makes no sense at all.

oh ya, growing up all my life like this has really made it hard for me to stick up for myself even if I know I am right. I dont get how alot of jackass's have all these friends and get pretty much what they want, and then guys like me who actually can understand people when their depressed and at the sametime have alot of interests can live such a lonely life.

Even though I dont have to many friends over the years I have learned to entertain myself, still it would be nice for me to show people the real me but because I have such little faith in humans now I just dont see that happening anytime soon. I dont want the kind of friends that you just hang out with on the weekends I want close friends, friends you know you can count on and trust. Those are the friends that are so hard to find and I just feel so lonley because I know there are people out there like that it's just I cant seem to find them. Like anyone that I have been friends with I was always there for them if they needed me, but no one ever was there when I needed someone, so I just always held everything to myself so I'm not a very emotional person anymore, happy or sad. Right now all I do is exist, I have no purpose right now.

Sadly to say it does seem alot in life that nice guys finish last.

Someone once said to me that you can never trust anybody totally & I always thought they were wrong but I now believe this is true as it does always seem that people closest to you hurt you the most.

You are fairly young so hopefully you will meet some people that will restore your faith in human beings.

There are some nice people out there believe me,

I wish you luck

Hey, don't beat yourself up so bad. I'm sure we don't need more jerks in the world! That is good you are a nice guy. There are plenty of nice guys out there that feel the same way as you do. I am a nice guy to, and I felt the same way you did! I just never gave up on who I am , and here i am in a strong relationship with a girl that is nice just like me. You just can't give up man, just live life the way you feel is the right life to live, and if you find someone that wants to pick up the broken pieces of your heart. Don't miss out on your chance.. Just be yourself and things will be okay! Goodluck.

Don't worry peeps. I am another abused and used nice guy. But maybe our mistake is that we are being TOO nice. Believe it or not, you can be nice but you don't have to take any junk either. Basically keep doing what you are doing but if you feel as if you are being pushed and used, it is time to put the foot down and tell these jokers that you are not a doormat. it is easy to say but hard to do because to this day I find it difficult to tell some people off...mostly I hate negative responses and the fact that when it comes to girls, that niceness keeps me from saying anything that is on my mind (and I do have very harsh thoughts going through my head when provoked). We can continue to be nice but at the same time we can enjoy our freedom too. No one that wants to be truly be happy likes to be controlled and exploited like a race horse.

I see a lot of topics here about guys feeling like they are 'kicked around' for being so nice. Trust me, we all have to deal with some kind of abuse in life, it's how you handle it and persevere that makes you stronger.

You're 20 years old. You still have a heck of a lot of time to find another job that might be more suitable for you - so why would you stay and allow yourself to be underappreciated? Through your whole post, I keep seeing the same pattern: I take, and take and take this crap, but I never actually do anything about it. You're never going to see any changes in your life if you don't take action.

I've been on my own for years, and have worked several different jobs. I've hated a few of them, so naturally, I leave. The way I see it, my life is just too damn short to spend it doing something that leaves me feeling used and unfulfilled. If I stay at a job that I hate, then sorry to say, but I can't fairly judge anyone but myself for my unhappiness.

We get what we settle for in this life. If you allow yourself to be used and treated like crap, then some jerk out there will certainly do it for you. If there is one thing I've learned in this life, it's that there are a hell of a lot more selfish, self-serving people out there who won't lose sleep over your unhappiness, than there are good, trustworthy people who will bend over backwards to help you. The lesson learned? Be yourself, be as nice as someone is to you - never respect or agree to help someone who will turn around and treat you like you don't matter.

If I were you, I would start looking for another job (without telling anyone at your job). I've gone through several jobs in the past couple of years, because I simply won't work for people who will talk down to me or treat me unfairly. Money is important, but you can make money in a place where you will be treated with respect and like you deserve, but you will never find out if you don't at least try.

LOL, well I hope you're not talking about me OceanEyes because my job isn't the type of job you can just "quit". I don't think the ARMY would like that too much...hahahaha! But most of my "pawning" comes from females or fake people who pretend to be your friend. As for my job, if I had a chance to leave scott-free, I would have already...

Yeah this week has been good so far because I don't worry too much about what other people are thinking of me anymore. I am not going to let people use me anymore. It's a good feeling. But at the same time I will keep my nice and modest personality and keep my peculiar but unique sense of humor.

I really feel a little better this week because of my attitude change and I feel like I can just walk up to somebody and meet them without worrying about what they think of me or whether they will use me. It's just a matter of finding the right person (whether you're looking for friends or a girlfriend).

I dont know for some reason whenever I know I'm getting made fun of or annoyed by someone I just cant stand up for myself. As much as I want to for some reason I just cant think of anyway to stand up for myself without sounding annoyed. I'm always affraid someone will over react so I dont usually do anything.

during high school, yes it typically does seem that the nice gyus finish last, but dont worry the girls will begin to realize that a hot stoner isnt going to get her anywhere in life.. look at it this way, in the long run, you will be the one with a happy family, while the jerk will be on his 10 divorce or not even married at all.

i know a bunch of people who like the nicer guys more

dont worry and stay nice

I partially agree with your statement but the problem is you have to wait several years (like when the girls turn about 25 or so) for that miracle to happen. I have seen some nice guys strike it lucky in the later years but by the time most girls hit maturity (common sense wise) and most bad guys start getting the boot, some of the nice guys have already been destroyed and decide to either develop mental weakness or even become bad guys themselves. One of the main reasons why a guy is bad is because he is a coward and afraid of committment...too bad they are masters at saying what girls want to hear.

You know what! IT DRIVES ME CRAZY when nice guys think that all girls like "bad boys" that is extremely fictional! There are tons of girls that look for nice guys..and those girls that are looking for the nice guys are the "smart ones", because they want something that's actually WORTH IT! (NICE GUYS!) , so hold your head up high and realize that this world if filled with crap, you just have to look in the right places to find what you want..but you really have to dig deep into the mine to find your diamond..but in the end..it'll be well worth it..cause you never find precious things lying on the street! and as for the "pressure" you've been under for being a "nice guy", you have to learn when to "give" and when to "hold back", because not all people appriciate nice people like you, so if you feel that the person infront of you is not an appriciative person, just forget about him and channel your goodness to people who deserve it and will return it to you! I for one am CRAZY for nice guys! 8) and there are many like me! So just look in the right places and never loose faith! Think of it this way:

A diamond needs friction to perfect it's shape!

thereforeeee, special people with special personalities tend to go through rough times to make them even better people and make them appriciate what they have and work on keeping it!

"Experience is a hard teacher, it gives you the test first, and the lesson afterwards" 8)

Let me let you in on a little revelation. Yes nice guys do finish last in high school and social groups but in life; we always finish best! All those bad boys u see getting all the girls in thier youth end up washing cars, or working long hours where'as if you keep your goals and focus on the things that are important, you'll end up employing some of them someday.

Don't let tricks bring down ur self esteem. They wanna go after idots and badboys let em; just keep ya head up and in the end, u'll have the last laugh. Trust me I know that from experience.

Most of the guys who had it all in high school are working crappy jobs and I'm a jr. technical support analyst for First Caribbean Intl. Bank. I'm holding things down on my own gat a beautiful girlfriend and things just keep gettin better for me. So if ur college, focus on ur studies and forget about that social crap of trying to fit in bc in the end ur hard work will pay off and ppl will swoon over you when you make it big.