Eharmony or Match.com for ages 40+

ChellyV

I've heard nothing but bad things about eHarmony to be honest. Try a free website...OkCupid or Oasis. I know people who have got relationships from using all three. Although I'm still single, I've still met with people using those two.

A friend of mine very recently got into a relationship using Plenty of Fish too

Well I'm not yet 40 but if your female on eharmony expect much older men to be paired with, at least that how it was for me and for other women I've spoken to. Match you pick yourself, but a lot of guys on there are serial daters. I'm currently on okcupid, had better luck on match. You get what you pay for is my experience. I haven't been on eharmony for years and when I get in better life place will rethink joining that one, but hesitate because they match you and well the age think worries me. I was 25ish paired with men nearly 40 back then, and really dissatisfied. My mom got men in their 70's and she was in her 50's when she tried it.

link removed have resulted in relationships but not necessarily quality people. Eharmony got people accross the country (my experience) and much older than my desired age range. So it was just not workable for me.

Hello ENAers. I am deliberating whether to spend my hard earned $ on eharmony or link removed? From your experience which one is better?

I didn't like either of them.

What I found was a flurry of luke-warm interest in the first 2 weeks then it tapers off considerably because a new crop of fresh women get put into the potential match pool. My daughter told me that the deal is when there's the free trial period, lots of guys sign up, but they wont' pay to join, so their profiles stay up on the site; but because they haven't bought into it, they can't respond to emails.

So you see a profile that intrigues you and you send an email, but it's never acknowledged. Glad she hipped me to that tactic.

I've heard nothing but bad things about eHarmony to be honest. Try a free website...OkCupid or Oasis. I know people who have got relationships from using all three. Although I'm still single, I've still met with people using those two.

A friend of mine very recently got into a relationship using Plenty of Fish too

I've just gotten onto there and I rather like it. OKC, I didn't much care for. Never heard of Oasis.. will have to check it out.

Ok, girlfriends ENAers.

I have been in Match for the past 6 months for $ 59.95 6 months. I went to eharmony today and signed up for $ 20.85 for 6 months! They have a promo of $ 6.95 per month! So that swayed me right there immediately!

Well, I have been in most dating sites with no luck. Sure I have met decent people, bad ones, ones who are unashamedly up for booty call only. Truth be told I am in the brink of giving up on it. I am just giving it another try..so my $ 20 better work. LOL...Thanks girls!

Archived