Meeting my girlfriend MOM.. (VERY STRICT PARENT)

Hey everyone!

This weekend, my girlfriend mom is coming to meet me at my job. The bad part is that she very strict. She dont believe relationshion is important in high school. She think the guys benefit out of an relationship, and the girl dont at all. The sucky part is that, she doesn't know I'm her daughter boyfriend. She just think I'm a guy that likes her daughter. Now, coming up this weekend I have to make one heck of an impression. Any experience guy out there been in these kinda situation before, like your girlfriend mom doesn't let her have a boyfriend but somehow you convinced her she can trust you with her daughter? OR any girl out there, got any good pointer to gainning more trust in a mother eye? Because, i dont want to go behind her parents back or sneaky around anymore. Almost got caught once, by her dad. Thanks everyone.

If I were her mother, I wouldn't trust any boy she brought home, either. Not especially because she's so young. If you put 2 and 2 together: young boy + young girl = trouble. In my eyes, I would think, this kid is not financially stable enough to take care of himself. How the heck am I supposed to believe that my daughter will be in good hands with him? He's still young. He still has a lot to figure, his whole life, his career, lots of things that he needs to explore for himself. I can start to like him, only if his actions prove to me that he is a serious kid, has a good head on his shoulders, and if he makes my daughter happy.

Scary thought, even though I'm not even a mother, I just finally felt how it feels to be one. Heh!

If you want to earn some serious browny points with this woman, make sure that her daughter never cries because of your relationship. Even if she does cry, make sure that she's not crying in front of them. But, don't ever allow her to cry in anyway. Okay, maybe if she sobs once in a while, because she's almost PMS'ing, then that's understandable. However, mother's catch onto their kid's saddness really quick. They know when their kids are happy or not, even if they never developed that maternal bond with their child, they just know.

Pay attention to what her mother likes. Buy her a box of See's candies. Offer to help out in the kitchen when you're hanging out at her pad. Offer to do some grocery shopping for the family. Basically, get involved, but don't do this always. Don't allow get involved too excessively. Do this only once in a while. You don't want her parents to completely take control of your relationship. You guys need some privacy too. But remember: Be yourself. Always be yourself. And like what Usied said, be polite. Express your opinions to them. Open up. The more you open up, the more honest you will appear to her mother. Slowly, her mother will start to trust you. Maybe then, she'll even invite you over to her house for dinner, once in a while.. Hope this helps! Mahlina

P.S.- One more thing, you might want to keep PDA's to a minimal. Don't ever walk behind her, hugging her from behind, while walking around the house (you know how it looks like, right? To me, whenever I see a guy do this to his girl out in public, like at Knotts Berry Farm, you'll see a lot of people do that. It just looks like the guy's trying to hump the poor girl doggystyle, from behind, while walking around in public. I just wanna tell them: "Gross!! Get a room! Let's try not to be too graphic here." It just doesn't look very appropriate. It looks disrespectful.)

Maybe, you might not even want to hold her hands around her parents. So, yah, keep PDA's to a minimum. But, this is just my opinion. Maybe some mothers are actually more laid back than I think? I don't know...